High ROF setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High ROF setup

Im Currently running an JG aug right now, and its bone stock, but i plan when i have enough money to run a reliable high speed set up, with an fps varying from 330-300, im more in favor for higher rof than fps,

any suggestions??

Re: High ROF setup

What sort of RoF are you aiming for?
    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

preferably between mid 20 to 30 rounds per second

Comment

As a base recommendation.

•Stock JG gears are steel and where QC allows will hold up just fine when shimmed correctly.
        •Steel oil less bushings are a must, oil channeled ones are to be avoided.
        •Guarder SP90 Spring will set you nicely between your intended FPS. It is essential not to get a spring rate lower than this as it is vital for keeping the piston in time.
        •A large type 9.6v NI-MH pack, or 7.4v Lipo with a high drain rate will do nicely.
        •Motor: G&Ps M120 is plenty adequate for 25-30rps paired with the said battery and stock 18.7:1 gear set, it will be more battery efficient than its neodymium magneted brothers, and will run cooler in this case. I know it's rich coming from me being one of the first preaching the use of Neo torque motors and low ratio sets for speed, but for speeds 20-30rps at uk fps limits the M120 will be better suited for effiency. I know this as I have tried and tested it many times over. Neo magnet motors are wasted with such low demands, as is your battery run time.
        •Piston, something not too brittle, and at this power level avoid a full steel rack gear. Avoid anything aluminium and any polycarbs that are too brittle. Stock TM pistons are fantastic at this level, basic AoE mod will see those run a long time.

I'd go into more depth if I wasn't posting from a phone
        Last edited by sj_asc; 22 July, 2012, 12:00. Reason: Spelling
        dsgdreamteam

Comment

can you please? since literally right now the piston in the gearbox stripped all its teeth

Comment

- TM Piston with correct AOE - cheap and long lasting
            - GEARS! the most likely to break and at £10-20 a pop will get expensive, my advice look for a guy called RIOT from airsoft mechanics who sells RIOT gears about $100 buy they won't break
            - G&P m120 best for high speeds, unless u want to pay £80 for a systema, but worth it
            - good wiring AWG 14/16 wiring
            - good trigger unit or microswith / mosfet ( Raptor fet)

very expensive buy worth every penny

Comment

JG M4 Stubby here now 15RPS

Complete re-shim
              Stock gears
              SHS Piston with 5 steel teeth - AOE (Angle of engagement) corrected
              M90 spring
              Stock Motor
              Stock wiring with Deans
              7.4 2200 mAh Lipo - 35C Peak Discharge / 25 Continuous

Been running fine!

So with the motor mentioned above and possibly a mosfet you should hit 20+ no probs!

I have been told a high torque motor is the way to go with high speed setups. And then there is always short stroking...

Have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by skullfacedinfidel View Post
                - TM Piston with correct AOE - cheap and long lasting
                - GEARS! the most likely to break and at £10-20 a pop will get expensive, my advice look for a guy called RIOT from airsoft mechanics who sells RIOT gears about $100 buy they won't break
                - G&P m120 best for high speeds, unless u want to pay £80 for a systema, but worth it
                - good wiring AWG 14/16 wiring
                - good trigger unit or microswith / mosfet ( Raptor fet)

very expensive buy worth every penny
                This is very wrong,

TM Piston is OK if you have one already, if not then I would suggest a supercore piston, or clone
                Gears will not break is setup correctly, the weak point of any system should be the piston as it's the cheapest and easiest to replace. I have a set of RiotSG's gears and they are very good, but not needed for a 20-30 rps setup
                G&P motor is OK if you already have one, if not there are much better motors for sale at a cheaper price. SHS high tourque is a good place to start
                I would not use a Raptor mosfet for a high rof setup, I would use a heavy duty non breaking mosfet, these mosfets are only about £20

Comment

gears will break no matter how well they are shimmed how good the AOE is and how weak a spring they are pulling they will break, might not be a whole set but in most cases you will need to buy one, how many a year? 1-2? if you play alot and get unlucky 3-4+ it will soon mount up to $100and+ i would defanitly put them money into them.. no question then buy a stock pile of TM Pistons and when they strip they don't send parts flying around they just shred so its easy to clean.

my highspeed set up is

8mm steel GB
                  RIOT highspeeds
                  Azimoth piston
                  Systema high speedmotor
                  Microswitch mod
                  16AWG wiring
                  11.1v lipo

Comment

I run some massively high speed gearboxes and play very regularly, yet have never (literally not once) managed to break a gear.
                    Frankly, if you're breaking gears with any regularity then you're doing something very, very wrong...

I'll concur on the quality of Riot's gears, but you don't need them.

25-30rps
                    SHS 13:1 gears
                    Element/SHS Hi-torque motor
                    SHS 14-tooth piston
                    SHS 100 spring
                    Short stroke by two teeth
                    Mosfet of your choice
                    Decent 11.1v LiPo.

Get the AoE correct and that will sort you for speed easily and shouldn't be breaking anything anytime soon.

Comment

I have broke 1 gear in the last 4 years, and that was due to the motor height being wrong. If you really are breaking more than 2 gears sets a year you have got something wrong with your setup.

I would not recommend buying TM pistons, the SHS piston is a much better starting point.

Comment

Steel Bushings
                        SHS 13.1 High Speed Gearset
                        14 Steel teeth SHS Piston
                        High Speed Motor
                        Corrected AOE
                        Non AB MOSFET

This is 42rps @328fps on the above setup:
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C4xA...4&feature=plcp

Below is my High FPS high ROF which is doing 45rps @360fps
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjrT5...7&feature=plcp

My riot DSG does 55RPS @ 328 but breaks every 3,000 rounds or so i havent put up a video of that

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Air Commander Starscream Find out more about Air Commander Starscream
                        Working...
                        X