Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICS M16 misfeeding/dry firing

Hi,

The hop up unit on my ics fell apart so I just fitted a new one with a new ASG Ultimate hop rubber and a H nub and also a Madbull 6.03 Python V2 tightbore barrel.

I have tried 2 mid caps and 2 high caps but it keeps misfeeding. Upon removing the mag about 5 or 6 bb's will fall out of the mag well and one will fall out of the barrel.

On semi auto I can fire one in about 6 shots and a full auto burst gives me about 3 bb's before it just dry fires.

What's the matter with it?

I'm pretty new to all this.

It occasionally did it with the old hop up but I thought this would fix it.

I opened the gun up and watched the lower gearbox in semi and some trigger pulls give a fast full rotation but then the power seems to go and the gears spin less.

Cold a low battery cause this?
    I know what i said because i was standing here when i said it.

ICS FAN - Always looking for parts. PM me what you have

Re: ICS M16 misfeeding/dry firing

My guess is that the H -nub could be causing too much friction against the projectile hence why your getting miss-feeding issues. Sometimes you may need to shave a little off the nub for it to be just right, or wear it in, but yours is misfeeding...
    Maybe the install is flawed slightly, as in not installed right, such as the barrel not sitting flush with the hop rubber in the unit etc..Check everything meticulously to make sure it lines up and works - Such as seeing the hop nub engage when you move the hop wheel. If it does - reinstall the barrel and hop unit and let of a few more shots. Make sure your battery is fully charged before you re-try after making sure everything is right, as it eliminates what could be causing the problem also. Dont forget to wear eye protection as always

Comment

Ok, thanks.

I installed the nub correctly and can see it moving up and down. Also I was firing with the hop fully off as I have no room to set it up correctly.

What could I have done wrong with the barrel? The rubber is fully on and the c clip on the hop up clips in.

I've had it apart a few times already.. Should I try with a standard nub?

Comment

Is the hop unit spring in place to keep it snug against the mechbox? Without this you will get feeding issues.

Comment

Yeah, I think so, when I press on the top of the hop up unit it springs up and down.

Comment

ive made a video to show you the problems, any help would be great.

http://youtu.be/GTUtJo_1CQg

Comment

when you flip the gun upside down and pull the trigger can you see the nozzle flicking in and out of the feed tube? if not then the new hop unit might be too tight for the nozzle.
              Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Originally posted by Genesius View Post
                Yeah, I think so, when I press on the top of the hop up unit it springs up and down.
                This is the hop arm spring, there should also be a spring on the front of the hop unit that presses the hop unit back against the air nozzle on your piston

Comment

Looking at the video

Use some silicone grease to hold the nub to the nub arm as you put it in rather than putting them in separately

Also note that the diameter of the madbull might be different so i would change the actual hop rubber its self i had a similar problem on a systema

Comment

mr lean - yes that spring is there as well.

i have changed the hop rubber to an ASG Ultimate. The ICS hop unit has a hole on the side to insert the nub through once its assembled. In the video you can see the white bit going up and down.

However, this morning i got up and put a mid cap in it and it fired 39 of 40 shots! then i hand fed them and again it was fine. in full auto short bursts it worked fine too.

I have changed nothing, i made the video last night, got fed up and went to bed, woke up this morning and the gods of airsoft had fixed the gun!!

id still like to know why it didnt work yesterday though as i dont want topull it out on saturday and be shooting blanks!! lol

Comment

Hob rubbers expand when they are exposed to silicone oil, they should be bone dry on the inside, the expansion often causes problems

There might be a chance that the Silicone oil has dried overnight thus allowing it to return to normal

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Genesius Find out more about Genesius
                      Working...
                      X