low fps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• low fps

right then i need some help lads as i have been thinking about it and i cant find the good reason why this is happening.After i cleaned my gearbox v3 on g36c with hight tourqe motor i lost fps.From 350 down to 290-300 .Opened the gearbox again and i cant find anything.I have a good compresion on the piston and the nozzle,change the spring to m120 and still the same low fps .Just to b on the safe side i had originaly 350 fps.Hop up get checked aswel, the rubber, the hop up it self even tryed difrient hop ups and rubbers and nothing,still the same.Now as i have another g36c with the same 350 fps but v2 gearbox with normal motor not as fast as the other one i started swap parts and nothing.I used the old gearbox with hight tourqe motor and still the same.Thats leads me to the motor cos when i put the old motor with v3 gaerbox everything is back to normal! is it possible that motor can change the fps on the rifle?With the hight tourqe motor the fire rate is not going down is just the fps.The old motor works well in every gaerbox 340-350 fps, when i use the hight tourqe motor in every gaerbox the fps goes down.I hope that someone will b able to help me out on this one .Thank u very much.

Re: low fps

It seems likely to be an airseal problem. The motor won't change the FPS because as long as it can pull the piston all the way back and compress the spring fully, the full amount of power that spring is capable of will be released.

FPS loss will occur somewhere between the moment the piston is released and the bb exiting the barrel. As you took the gearbox apart that leads me to believe it is a compression issue although you say you have good compression. If you put your finger on the air nozzle and try to push the piston into the cylinder, does the piston move forward at all?

Comment

hi m8.No m8 iv check that aswell and i blocked the nozzle with my finger and the piston have very good compression.Same gearbox ,two difrient motors and fps chenge.I know its strange but thats what is happening
      Last edited by adamskrzypkowski; 24 July, 2012, 00:06.

Comment

well i think i sort it out.I dont realy know what was it but it takes me to the wireing.Change all the conectors from the barrel to gaerbox and now its back to live same gaerbox and motor and is back to 345 fps.If any body in future will have similar problem witch i think it wont happen cos this is very rare issue , this my help.

Comment

it could be suck back of the bb, when the gun cycles, the piston goes forwards, compressing the air with pushes the bb out of the barrel, if the bb has not left the barrel by the time the piston starts to get drawn back then the piston sucks back air it has pushed into the barrel, causing the pressure to decrease and therefore pulling the bb back, reducing it's velocity
          PM me if you're looking for S-ARMS M4 mags

Comment

and it went down again .it was ok for a bit .any ideas how to prevent this susking back if thats the case?

Comment

You can rule out a wiring problem. Motors don't cause fps.

Comment

Does the high torque motor increase the rate of fire somewhat?

Comment

If your stock motor was struggling to pull the spring then it can do yes.

To the OP - you probably fixed the airseal problem when you played with the wiring
                  Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

i dont think his struggling cos is original motor that comes with the rifle but lately i start to think that mayb his missfireing after i complited the gaerbox. when u press the trigger motor goes round with gears and next round is allready half compresed mayb but i dont think so cos if the motor have a power to turn gears and compresed the spring all the way down then it should b fine

Comment

Originally posted by Quibble View Post
                      Does the high torque motor increase the rate of fire somewhat?
                      its a original motor that comes with rifle and i have from 800-850 rpm

Comment

Originally posted by adamskrzypkowski View Post
                        and it went down again .it was ok for a bit .any ideas how to prevent this susking back if thats the case?
                        fit a vented piston head or shorten the barrel

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

adamskrzypkowski Find out more about adamskrzypkowski
                        Working...
                        X