Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• misfeeding p90 midcaps

Hi guys,

So MAG 170 round midcaps brought new can hold 170 bbs but the first 20-30 shots mis feed? Well one shot is fine at full range and next pretty much just drops out the barrel and then back to normal.

Is this classed as double feeding?

So I tried leaving the mags fully loaded for a few nights as I read they feed better when the springs,have weakened a bit but still no joy.

Is there any thing else like hop rubber that could be causing this?

Just seems silly that they are sold as 170rd when they are more like 140rd realisticly.
    I just want to get the most out of them.
    sigpic
    Armoury:Tm mp5/Ics m16/Spartac AK74U/Spartac AK pistol/m56c/Hfc m190/Tm m9 tactical master/Armourer works HX11/Dynatex BFG

Re: misfeeding p90 midcaps

I think double feeding is when you have two BBs leave the barrel one after the other in quick succession... one often falling very short of the other. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong!

I have two Silverback 150rd midcaps that have problems.. I tried squirting some silicon oil into the mags and leaving them up-right for a few days. I then took some BBs, covered them in a bit of silicon oil and fed them into the mags. I can only squeeze in 120 or so BBs and even then it's hard going. They feed ok but will get stuck every so often and need a knock. I heard Silverback are supposed to be really good but I'm not impressed. Short of taking them apart I'm not sure what else I can do.

As for your mags have you tried a little silicon oil? Also have you got any other mags, like the 60rd low caps for example you could use for testing? I doubt it is the hop rubber otherwise you'd have problems all the time, not just the first 20 - 30rds or so...

I had some feeding issues before and it turned out my P90 didn't like the brand of BBs. They were difficult to feed using the speed loader and feeding issues were commonplace. I have since changed brands and my life is a lot easier... feeding is easier and less jams / feeding issues.

Also my MP7 mags don't feed properly if I fill them to the top... I have to stop 20 or so BBs short in order for them to feed perfectly! Strange no? And low caps are absolutely fine...

Maybe it's something to do with the spring tension and the air nozzle... what rate of fire does your P90 have?

Sorry it's not much help...

Comment

With vertical mags, sometimes BB weight causes issues with weak springs. e.g. the spring could feed 100 0.20s OK, but not 100 0.25s.
      That shouldn't be so much of a problem with the P90's horizontal mag, but it might.

Also, the whole "don't fill it to capacity" thing is valid. My KA Sten mags have trouble if I fill them to their 110 capacity - I usually put only 90-ish in. A full "pistol mag" sized speed loader is about the right number in that case. Those also work horizontally, so maybe there's a connection.

The second easiest fix (after not filling to capacity) is to try another brand of BB, as suggested above. Maybe even a different weight first. Don't change both, or you'll not know which fixed the problem.

Comment

I forgot to mention its only on semi this happens, ill try the silicone oil plus have a play around with bb weights followed by brands. It is probably one of those things I can live with but if there's a way to make something work better I don't mind spending the time on it.

Thanks guys.
        sigpic
        Armoury:Tm mp5/Ics m16/Spartac AK74U/Spartac AK pistol/m56c/Hfc m190/Tm m9 tactical master/Armourer works HX11/Dynatex BFG

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Dude666fx Airsoft and then some Find out more about Dude666fx
        Working...
        X