Slim connectors to fit through upper receiver/delta ring assembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slim connectors to fit through upper receiver/delta ring assembly

Hey guys, im a rear-wired m4 user, but im putting together an m4 pistol for a mate, and the gearbox he's given me needs a complete re-wire.

Now I'm wanting to fit a slim connector that allows me to take the rifle apart and pull the wiring out from the upper (through the little port underneath the base of the barrel) - what connector should I use? I'm thinking a pair of 6.3mm spades at this point.
    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Re: Slim connectors to fit through upper receiver/delta ring assembly

3.5mm Gold Plated Socket Plug

However I would actually wire the gun longer so that I can have enough wire to take the gun apart without using connectors

Comment

Unfortunately 3.5mm connectors have a current rating of 1A, where (depending on your heatshrink) you can hit ratings of 45A with spade connectors. So that rules jacks out :P

Comment

3.5mm bullets can handle the currents quite well, fairing only slightly worse than deans [source] and I use them in front wired setups fairly frequently.

Unfortunately they do NOT fit through the delta ring hole. But they DO fit between the walls of most upper receivers and the gearbox. Leave enough slack on both the gearbox and battery end to pull them out through the magwell and obvously heatshrink them in such a way that the heatshrink overlaps. Oh and trust me on this - female bullets go on the battery side, not the gearbox. Its a lot harder to short 2 females than 2 males.

Alternatively, standard 2.8mm spade connectors like on the motor fit through the holes, even with 2x16awg and a signal wire on a mosfet. But you can even use pi headers for that wire, so makes no difference.

Comment

I stand corrected! (Damn you google for only returning audiophile test results) Might just get a load of male spades as I have a fair few females lying about and do that then :D TBH i was thinking doing one male one female on each side to idiot proof it, but then again some nutter might try to deliberately short the battery.

Comment

Update - went with 6.3mm spades, worked a charm!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

dave38x East midlands based airsofter & member of Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team. I am the team armourer and do the majority of our tech-work, as well as tech work/one off manufacturing jobs for others. Find out more about dave38x
            Working...
            X