ASCU V2 and cut off lever question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASCU V2 and cut off lever question

OK i'm building a new gearbox (all SHS internals including 13:1 gearset, reinforced v2 gearbox shell and an ASCU v2) and im having an issue with the cut off lever and the switch on the trigger unit (See pic).

As i rotate the sector gear it pushes the cutoff lever up and moves the switch into its highest position so the gears can go no further. Is this not going to snap off the plastic switch arm as the gears want to continue cycling? Surely the lever should raise the switch and then allow it to drop back into its idle position.

Should i try a different cut off lever (i currently have an SHS one)?
    Originally posted by Hawk
    The P word again! You should say your love for airsoft 3 times and a holy Tokio Marui

Re: ASCU V2 and cut off lever question

Try putting the gearbox together (without spring) and rotating the gears, you might simply find the angle you're holding the sector gear at isn't it's actual resting angle.
    If it's still a problem you could either file a very small amount from the contact edges of either the cut-off arm or the section on the sector gear that intersects it, just file in very, very small increments testing in between. As long as there is enough movement to actuate the switch then you're all good.

Comment

I already tried putting just the sector gear, switch assembly and cutoff lever in the shell (closed) and it still gets stuck with the cut off lever against the switch at its highest point.
      I'll try filing the cut off lever arm a bit, cheers for the advice.
      The P word again! You should say your love for airsoft 3 times and a holy Tokio Marui

Comment

Remove the ascu first, only put the sector And cut off level in.
        sigpic

Comment

I would file a tiny amount off of the cut-off lever as A) it's easier to remove material, and B) it's cheaper to replace the cut-off lever if you botch it and you were going to get a different one anyway...

Comment

Exactly what i intend to do, cheers

Comment

you could bend the c/o lever down a fraction
              VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
              trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

If i can bend it i would rather do that, will give it a try cheers

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

MasterGouken Find out more about MasterGouken
                Working...
                X