Army R85 (SA80) Maintenance...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Army R85 (SA80) Maintenance...

I've had my R85 for a couple of weeks now and i hate to admit it but i have not got a clue how to maintain it.

The instructions in the manual seem fairly clear (albeit in chinglish) about how to strip it, but as far as maintenance goes, i'm clueless!

Sorry for the super N00b question but i have not got a clue and need some advice.

Cheers fellas,
    CJ

Re: Army R85 (SA80) Maintenance...

Clean and rebrease everything that moves. Clean the barrel and hopup rubbers.

Also, disable the blowback, replace the sector gear with a TM one, replace the piston with a TM V2 one, and add a 10mm spacer between the piston and the piston head. This will ensure you don't get pre-enagement on the longer psg-1 style piston. It'll also remove problems with semi that you have no doubt been experiencing.

Comment

Great, thank you.

This is what the previous owner has done to it, do you think this is enough?

Cutom manufactured cyclinder
      M4 Prometheus hardtop piston
      110 spring
      New M4 sector gear

Cheers,
      CJ

Comment

There are guides as to how to do the piston and sector gear thing on teh internets, have a look. Just make sure the finished product is the exact length of the old piston + head, and that the space you make holds the metal tooth insert on the piston in place.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

CJ Coolfish Playin games and takin names! Find out more about CJ Coolfish
        Working...
        X