Snow wolf M82 Upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow wolf M82 Upgrades

So the time has gun to replace some parts in the big gun for the weekender.
    I'll be taking this into zero one to be upgraded because i'm not too good with my mechanical handiwork.

I have it at 390fps (Semi-auto) completely stock right now.
    I want to improve the accuracy mostly because the range is fine for the ranges at GZW in general (I can range 55 meters with .25's).
    So from this i can assume that i will need a new air nozzle (I snapped the last plastic one because i'm an idiot.), barrel spacers (there are none in it atm), a new barrel and a new hop unit or rubber however with the massive range of kit available i have no idea where to start.
    My budget is £100 but i can go a little higher, so could somebody help me out here?

Also, I've lost the charging handle which while its not a major issue i want my gun to look perfect and i can't seem to source one anywhere so if anybody knows of a place where i can acquire one please do tell!
    Lady Astor (first woman MP in the House of Commons): "Mr Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea."
    Winston (getting unsteadily to his feet): "Madam, if I were your husband ... I'd drink it."

Re: Snow wolf M82 Upgrades

Have you tried the back of the sofa? Everything lost manages to find it's way there...
    Originally posted by Lt. Macka
    big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

Lost it in the field, no hope of finding it again...
      Lady Astor (first woman MP in the House of Commons): "Mr Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea."
      Winston (getting unsteadily to his feet): "Madam, if I were your husband ... I'd drink it."

Comment

What about tuning it for .3's? Mess with the hop a little and get a decent nozzle. (I have absolutely no idea what hop it uses...) I've just put an Aplus 60 degree rubber in my AK and its pretty epic so far, is your current barrel not 6.03?
        Originally posted by Walter Gropius
        If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality.

Comment

I was looking at TK twist barrels but i don't think anywhere here does them unfortunately
          And it uses any m4 type hop ups. I need to stay on .25's because its just so cheap to use them at GZ, its £10 for a bag of 5000!
          Current barrel 6.04 i believe though

Comment

Not had the experience with twist barrels, something weird about putting rifle spin on a round bb that already has hop spin... Is there evidence that these increase accuracy?
            Originally posted by Walter Gropius
            If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality.

Comment

Originally posted by a_flea View Post
              Not had the experience with twist barrels, something weird about putting rifle spin on a round bb that already has hop spin... Is there evidence that these increase accuracy?
              I heard their rifling only really works at mid-length (M4-ish) and is bad for other lengths, perhaps TK will release different twist ratios for different lengths?
              Originally posted by Lt. Macka
              big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

They are tuned to work between 325-335 FPS otherwise the whole effect is lost, the barrel isn't rifled really, it's brushed to give it a twist, it also doesn't spin the BB sideways in a corkscrew fashion, all it does is creates a more stable flow of air down the barrel which ultimately means a cushion of air all the way around the barrel, it's supposed to eliminate BB instability by preventing it from hitting the inner barrel walls, which in turn theoretically improves groupings and range as the hop applied back spin is more stable.
                Any lower than about 325fps and the results are no different to a normal tightbore as the air isn't moving fast enough, any higher than 335 ish FPS then the air is travelling too fast and causes the BB to corkscrew which leads to it being thrown off course.
                I've heard mixed bag reviews on them and they just sound finnicky as hell with setups.
                section 24 of the 1968 Act
                Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Thanks sean
                  Well, i wont be throwing my money down a drain and buying a TK twist barrel then if they are so finnicky.
                  Are there any recommendations here on which barrel to go for and which upgrades to get for increased accuracy?

If it's going to be much more than £100 to get it to be better than an average AEG then i might as well just sell it and get an average aeg

Comment

I'd say with the common trend of snipers swaying away from 6.01s I'd go for maybe a prommy 6.03 if the budget allows, otherwise the good old madbull black python. If it uses an M4 style hop unit the the madbull one has been a winner in my books with either a firefly or promethius hop rubber with a firefly hop bucking.
                    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

So the madbull black 6.03mm x 650mm for the barrel, Madbull ultimate hop with what degree hop rubber? Or is the madbull ulti one fine?
                      Last edited by Stickybomb; 27 July, 2012, 22:50.

Comment

If you are going above 400fps then Id say the hard prommy hop rubber with a firefly hop bucking, A hard might work in that setup.
                        Below about 380 its worth going for the soft version. Prommy and firefly dont do the degree rubber, they just do hard and soft.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Stickybomb NAE 10/11/12 attendee Find out more about Stickybomb
                        Working...
                        X