Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madbull Noveske RIS On G & P Magpul MOE

Hi guys

once i have sorted out my hop problem i want to put a noveske 7.25 inch ris on my g & p magpul moe, do i need anything other than the ris itself? i did a daniel defence one before and had to buy the delta ring replacement for g and p receivers but the noveske one seems to mount differently, anyone have any experience with this?

Cheers

Chris

Re: Madbull Noveske RIS On G & P Magpul MOE

They are a pig you will most prob need a different fixing as the threads are different.

Comment

Madbull use their own spethal delta-ring threads so you'd need to either get their receiver threading tool (which recuts threads to madbull spec, but i wouldnt recomment this), get a madbull receiver (probably also going to cause problems) or machine your own locking ring that will fit G&P threads but allow you to fit the RIS on top
      Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

i suspected this was going to be the case, i wish websites would explain this shit in there product descriptions! urghhh lol

Comment

Madbull make a barrel nut just for the novske ris to fit G&P's its a pig to find but they do pop up
          Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

There is another alternative - get a small triangular file and use it to run down the G&P threads to slightly open them up. The thread pitch is the same but the angle of the threads is different between Madbull and G&P (imperial vs metric I believe). Using a combination of a small file, the madbull barrel nut with some long bolts in it for leverage and 3 in 1 one oil it is possible to recut the threads yourself. Wil take an hour or so going slowly but it does work and will still be able to use the existing G&P nuts on it as well apparently.

I just did this with a brand new G&P upper receiver and a madbull noveske RIS - just take your time and means you don't have to go out and buy the Madbull threading tool (which effectively does the same thing). I was impatient and had read this worked elsewhere!

Only other alternative is to sent to Hong Kong to get the G&P specific Madbull barrel nut - no UK stockists of it I found :-(

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

imperfect_design Find out more about imperfect_design
            Working...
            X