madbull ultimate hop up and prometheus 6.03mm barrel wont shoot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• madbull ultimate hop up and prometheus 6.03mm barrel wont shoot

i have put the hop unit and barrel in my G&G gr300L fire the first shot and it jammed could not clear the jam so i had to take it apart again to get it out tried again
    same thing happens im using marui rubber.

Re: madbull ultimate hop up and prometheus 6.03mm barrel wont shoot

2 things:

1) Why are you not using the Madbull blue rubber that came with the hop?
    2) Did you make sure the hop was ALL the way off before trying to shoot?

Comment

Because the madbull blue hop rubber sucks most of the time more than likely is the reason and doesnt fit half the time even with what should be the perfect setup ie the MB black python II with MB ultimate hop unit.

But as he says really, check to see if the hop is all the way off first, then make sure the hop rubber is sited correctly as with the hop bucking.
      If it still does it make sure the hop is free to move when in the upper receiver and the spring does its job, check all the edges inside and out to make sure there are no burrs of metal stopping the BB, I gave mine a once over with a fine 'jewellers file' before installation.
      section 24 of the 1968 Act
      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

3) Where did it jam?
        4) What BB's you using?

Comment

the bb jammed in the hop and im using zero in standard .2
          not using madbull blue rubber because i dont have it got the hop and barrel second hand from here
          yes i did make sure the hop was off

Comment

With the hop off, looking through the side oppersite to where the barrel would go in... is the rubber a perfect circle?

Comment

yes with the hop off its a perfect circle i just tried a different barrel and get same result i am baffled.
              the hop should work, when i turn it the nub goes down and up no problem
              i am putting the rubber on the right way the groove should face down right?

Comment

just had a thought is my cylinder nozzle to short? it's 7mm long

Comment

it could be the nozzle is to long,if so even when drawn back it would not allow a bb into the hop.turn the gun upside down and drop a bb into the hop,gently press the bb down with a suitable rod(bic biro inner) and fire the gun,you don't have to use force,if it wont chamber the bb then the nozzle is too long.it would be typical of a clone to be a little out and 1mm is a huge amount in a nozzle length,1mm to long it wont chamber a bb,1mm too short it will have a massive air leek and no power.

Comment

I had the same problem as this a while back and it turned out to be the taper plate0 nozzle spring that was broken and so the nozzle would not feed all the way forward, though it was enough to load a bb in to the chamber, it was not enough to get it past the hop.
                    a quick way to check is to press the nozzle in and see if it fully re tunes on its own.
                    if not, that is likely to be your problem.

sharpy

Comment

I also had the same problem with the prommy barrel and madbull hop.
                      The prommy barrels are so very thick compared to the madbull ones and I found, made the hop rubber go slightly oval when fitted, even when using a thin rubber like a systema or a TM. Basically what was happening was the hop rubber was getting squashed out of shape because it was "catching" on the side walls, lubing the rubber (giggity) before didn't help as it simply got scraped off.

Using the two items separately was fine however so I put it down to an incompatibility or poor manufacture on of the items behalf.
                      YMMV but you could try lubing with silicone oil or even a waterbased lubricant the outer of the hop to see if that helps it fit any better.

Comment

Could be the crappy zeroone bb's?

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

hmm... bb's,i only use excel bb's because a lot of other types , especially site bb's ,cause jams in tight bore barrels ,why people will spend £100's on gun internals then use cheep crap ammo is beyond me.

Comment

The older Z1 BBs are renowned for being closer to a dodecahedron shape than spherical.
                            section 24 of the 1968 Act
                            Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                            1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                            2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sovietsquirrel Find out more about sovietsquirrel
                            Working...
                            X