Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuses in a AEG

Hello,

I’m changing over my connectors, thanks to the help of some members here, and I have a questions about fuses. Do people recommend to keep the fuse in a AEG when a Mosfet is added? I’ve read that some people keep them, but other people remove the ASAP.

you dont need a fuse in an AEG, its only there as a fail safe for people who think keep trying to shoot a jammed gun will fix the issue.. worst case scinario youd burn out a wire or two and perhaps damage the motor. in the case of a mosfet that would take a hammering in the case of a short or jam if no fuse was present. but i can see it playing havoc with the low battery cut off. as well as the fact as a fuse will add resistence and cause a drop in rof. removing it would free up a few more bbs a min.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Re: Fuses in a AEG

As badger906 pointed out, you don't need a fuse but it's a good idea to have one. I have a mosfet in my P90 and although the fets can take a hefty amount of continuous high-current I'd much rather have the fuse blow. Fets can only take so much and they cost more to replace than a fuse, not to mention the additional time spent on repairs and the soldering you would have to do to get it up and running again. It's unlikely you'll damage the mosfet but not impossible...

Think of it like this... you can easily find a replacement fuse with the correct rating. You can buy a pack of them insanely cheap if you don't have any. There are even alternatives to the traditional fuse used in most AEGs that are smaller if space is an issue. Compare that to the cost / inconvenience of rewiring and damaged parts.

I use quality wiring and deans connectors in all my guns. I have tested the trigger response and ROF with and without a fuse and it’s unnoticeable. So in my own honest opinion, the benefits of incorporating a fuse far outweigh not having one, even if you have a mosfet.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

amorris Find out more about amorris
      Working...
      X