Strange firing problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange firing problem

I've searched this and can't find anything that would give this kind of an issue but here's the problem.
    JG G36 had a bit of an issue with the trigger switch so pulled out the great box and replaced the unit with an element switch and put everything back together.
    Tried gearbox out of receiver and firing fine on semi and full auto, reassemble complete gun before testing again. Blank firing, still no issues.
    Insert magazine and semi turns into full auto whilst firing beebs, take out mag and back to semi again when dry firing.
    I'm stumped!
    I'm gonna check the cut off lever but can't think why firing beebs would make any difference to semi auto??

Any help is appreciated, thanks

Re: Strange firing problem

I've often had problems with switches when replacing them,quite often you will need to fettle them to fit properly and move smoothly once the gearbox is closed and installed.i know it looks like something odd is happening to do with the action of actually firing bb's but I'd bet good money that the switch is binding because it's too tight a fit once the gearbox is closed ,and although i use some element parts i also know I've had to take a needle file to a few as well,its what comes with the price I'm afraid.that is unless the little spring has come off the cut off switch during install?

Comment

The cut off is my main suspect at this time but I know what you mean about the switch price/quality issue.
      I'm gonna go back inside the gearbox later and check things out but this is the worst gearbox I have ever worked on due to the tolerances in the JG nylon bushes and general crappyness of the workmanship.

Any other ideas?

Comment

its the switch block had them before, the trigger is not pushing the block all the way ( trigger hits the lower body )but its just making contact to allow auto , take it out and have a look the difference between both , sure the element has a smaller blade vs the standard.
        Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Paul262 . Find out more about Paul262
        Working...
        X