Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CA HK 53 compatibility

Hi guys,
    As I've got my eye on a Classic Army CA 53 and one thing concerns me. Being a leftie I've heard it said that the pistol grip with curve on the older SEF style lower receiver may not be so comfortable-Anyone used one and can comment? And if this is the case can anyone confirm if newer mp5 navy style ambidextrous lower receivers from Classic Army or maybe G & G fit?
    Cheers

Re: CA HK 53 compatibility

I have the gun and thankfully I'm right handed. I can confirm the moulded pistol grip, and it is very raised meaning that it would be very uncomfortable for any lefties.
    On the left hand side of the grip there is a raised line where your thumb rests on top of and this line would be digging right into your palm if you were a leftie. I cannot confirm nor deny the receiver question, however looking at my receiver it looks very different from any of the ones your talking about, too elongated. However this is just an assumption of the eye.

Comment

Right, much appreciated BB hose, that's very helpful. Well unless an ambi Mp5 lower receiver fits I guess i should reluctantly give it a miss
      I can't find a customer contact on Classic Army's website, just trade stuff. Anyone else swapped parts on CA 53 by any chance?

Comment

No problem, glad I could help and sorry it wasn't the answer you wanted. A few other things I thought to add, judging by the construction materials it would be very hard to file/sand down the raised areas as the build quality is good.
        Some people who might know the answer to your receiver conundrum are Clot and Midas, who are both on here, as they worked together on the upgrading of mine. They are very fluent with the gun and it's parts as a result and are the people who are most likely able to tell you about any compatibility successes/failures that are out there. It might be worth giving them a PM.
        Best of luck.

Comment

The CA53 lower is just the MP5 lower so a navy style lower will fit. I have swapped many of them and also modified them (the CA53) on my quest for a realistic yet skirmishable HK53.

Comment

Woop! So I can have cake & eat it, yeah! Thanks guys, between you two I've got exactly the info I needed. Appreciate that BB hose, might need someone to build.So if I buy CA 53 plus CA navy lower (on here in parts hopefully) I should be good to go.
            Very nice Eagle driver, would you say it needs much internally? tightbore & deans? Mosfet? Not into modding just for the sake, just what helps performance tangibly.
            Cheers.

Comment

It is a v2, so you could put a Raptor in it but the front handguard is only sized for an 8.4. I use a Hot Power 7.4v 1100 MAH LiPo in mine. The one I pictured is actually a CA33KA3 with an MC41 cocking tube, custom cut inner barrel, real HK53 handguard, and G36 flash hider. Even though the real HK53 handguard is longer (the CA53 uses an MP5 handguard) it is even smaller than the MP5 handguard.

Wiring to deans is always good (or the Trax deans-style connectors). At 229mm a tight bore isn't really going to be a huge advantage.

Comment

Righto, think I may go for then & decide on mods later. Again, appreciate the advice. Heard the midcaps are not bad either? Would prefer to run with those on most occassions.

Comment

Sorry to thread jack quickly, my question is vaguely similar.

I'm getting a cyma Mp5, are all full sized G3 upper receivers and front ends compatible?

Comment

Thought I'd take some (relatively rubbish) pictures of my HK53 to convince you to stick through the annoyances and get one!
                    Mine is custom built and totally maxed, capable of 40-45+ on a 11.1v Lipo using one of the quickest custom builds on a single sector GB.

It's also unique in the sense that it has a full length RIS on the front which is perfect and makes it very unique. Whilst It has all the upgrades imaginable I'm (almost too much) a huge fan of TB barrels.
                    Alot of people say from their own opinion, experiences and evidence from tests carried out that their affect isn't too big on a small barrelled AR/SMG. However I have to disagree, somehow every one I put into (all) of my guns works brilliantly and yields good results. It at the end of the day is personal choice but it's the first thing I upgrade every time!
                    The midcaps are fine, however the 140 round or so ones are as rare as blue dog turd so you are limited to 70(ish off memory) round midcaps.
                    Due to my Rof I also run 2-3 hi caps when I need them.

Just in case you didn't know, they use their own series of mags rather than g3 or anything else of suchlike.
                    I spent ages looking for the perfect sight rail for my 551 and I found it on Z1. I'll send you a link if your interested. Good luck!

Edit: Eagle how the heck were you able to upload photos at such quality?! I seem to be limited to 11kb's? :S
                    Attached Files

Comment

Cheers BB hose, that is rather sexy! And yeah, that I ordered Fri I'll start hunt for more mags. Who makes the ris, is it mp5 fit?
                      And Boo Sabum Ben I think no, that G3's have longer upper receivers but I will defer to others on here to confirm/deny that.

Comment

It's a M4 RIS custom fitted to the gun. It requires average modding skills to pull off but it can still be pretty tricky!

Comment

The normal CA53 uses the MP5 RIS. It is actually an MP5 length receiver front. I know that sounds strange, but I mean the part in front of the magwell, where the rear of the hand guard fits. On the CA53 it is short like the MP5. On the CA33 it is longer. I use the CA33 receiver to make my HK53 so that I get the longer receiver front end.

Comment

Right, that makes sense, cheers Eagledriver. May add one later or mp5 lighted grip.

Comment

I had a pic of both receivers the CA53 on the top and CA33 on bottom. I know you realize my point, but this is more for the HK53 geeks out there.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

WanderingRuss Find out more about WanderingRuss
                              Working...
                              X