Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wii tech hop unit for magpul masada

hi everyone,

i have been wondering is there anyone who knows if this hop unit is worth getting to get better hop results compared to the stock unit (which has been upgraded by zeroone).
    I'm asking this as i want the best range i can possibly get from the ACR, any help will be greatly apperciated.

Re: Wii tech hop unit for magpul masada

Will help alot mate. Put one in mine and Im really impressed. My masadas hitting out to 70m with the wii tech hop unit and no other upgrades.

Comment

Originally posted by Air got Soft View Post
      Will help alot mate. Put one in mine and Im really impressed. My masadas hitting out to 70m with the wii tech hop unit and no other upgrades.
      70m???
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by deanfirst View Post
        70m???
        Yes mate, 70m.

Comment

Says in your sig your ACR is a dmr? Running at a higher fps on single shot?

Originally posted by tisane
          Never heard such a racket, its like taking a hi cap to a rave.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderfury View Post
            Says in your sig your ACR is a dmr? Running at a higher fps on single shot?
            Nah bud, it just has the 18 inch barrel and longer handguard. Still running at stock FPS.

Comment

did you use the wii tech hop arm, spring, and metal nub thing?

Comment

Its the Wii Tech Hop Unit, Wii Tech Hop Rubber and air tight nozzle. Got it as a pack.

Comment

just use a mad bull blue hop rubber and run on 0.25s job done. no need to spend loads it works

Comment

I have the Wii Tech Hop Unit and the Wii Tech Hop Arm, and a Madbull Blue rubber, stock FPS and stock barrel.... runs nicely . Certainly better than the stock hopup, which I had no end of problems with. However, not everyone has problems with the stock rubber. I'd say stick with your stock ACR for now, maybe just replace the hop rubber (carefully, remember to dial hopup off before removing barrel), and only upgrade to the Wii Tech if you have issues. After all, it's generally best not to open up a gun if you can avoid it! Plus, getting to the hop unit on the Masada is a pain in the behind.

Comment

I know you get the chamber rubber and air nozzle with the set but there's a hop arm n nub set aswel was just asking if you had that. If I did get get wii tech hop unit would I need to use the air nozzle? As I wouldn't want to risk opening up the gear box lol.
                      I don't get enough hop with stock unit, can hit at 40m but pushing it any further. Have got a pdi w-hold rubber to use but was wondering if should use new hop unit first.

Comment

I installed the unit first, but not the nozzle - I'm told that the nozzle results in an FPS increase of 10-20 FPS, which would have put me dangerously close to my site's limit, and no, you don't -need- it if you use the Wii Tech Unit. However, I still had significant problems with my hop, using the Wii Tech Unit, and the stock PTS arm and nub. I then upgraded to the Wii Tech Unit, AND Arm/Nub combo, which has drastically improved performance.

However, I would try changing your rubber first, because of the reasons in my last post. The rubber is relatively easy to change, hop completely off, quick change barrel out, a couple of screws and you've done it. The hop unit is much more difficult to get to.

Basically : Change the rubber first, then if you don't get improvements and you want to risk opening your gun, get the arm/nub combo as well, take it apart, and swap the hop out -completely- for the Wii Tech unit, arm, and nub. I wouldn't bother changing the unit but not the arm/nub - since that's where the problem tends to be anyway.

(By the way, a good test to see if your hop is behaving correctly, try a few heavier BBs. If you can't overhop [hop so much the BBs fly up and to the right] at least .25s, you might want to consider going for a change. If you're able to overhop .25s, then I wouldn't change things!)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

FireShark03 there finnaly actually put some details in :-D Find out more about FireShark03
                        Working...
                        X