recommendation on some parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recommendation on some parts?

Hi, im building another setup, this time looking for a high speed setup on a V2
    Although Im likely to have it on burst/semi a lot of the time.

Could anyone recommend a few good parts to me?

Cylinder head + piston head
    Would like it to stay quite silent, also need to put sorbo pads on the damn things too

Hopup
    Currently have a stock G&G hopup, worth changing, if so to what?

Inner barrel
    Currently have a 10.5" noveske outer, so something of the same length that can handle high RPS with great accuracy
    Was looking at TK twists, but how would they cope with 30rps?

Going for a SHS 13:1 set
    Cheap and apparently good

ASCU mosfet or how are Raptors? I cant seem to find them for sale though
    I've heard a lot of good but a bit of bad about them, anyone give me a heads up?
    Something about a data cable breaking.
    Also im using an UBR stock, so how would fitting the unit in to the stock tube be?

LiPo
    Have no idea with Lipos so advice would be appreciated
    (Must fit in an UBR stock with a ASCU mosfet)

Lipo charger
    Imax chargers seem good specially for the price.

Cheers guys.

Re: recommendation on some parts?

nothing wrong with element silent piston and cylinder head sets and pretty cheep.
    madbull 3 in 1 hop but only use the hop rubber that comes with it if you use a mad bull barrel otherwise get another rubber,nice stable hop with no creep at all.
    as for lipo's i use a shop of components that i cant name on this forum
    just fitted a set of 13/1 shs gears,really nice but don't forget a sector clip(delayer) to go with them, surprised that they don't have a delayer as standard really .

Comment

SHS CNC aluminium Cylinderhead/SHS Stainless cylinder with a Guarder Polycarbonate piston head - If you have a spring guide with bearings take the bearings off the piston head to reduce weight (you dont really need two sets of bearings). I've sorbo'd up two guns with this piston/cylinder combo and it works perfectly, nice and quiet! The SHS parts are also damn cheap

Re Lipos: I have no idea about cramming them in with an ASCU, but you can get 1450mah 7.4V 25C batteries that fit in a stock tube with plenty of room to spare (should therefore fit in UBR) - you can get lower capacity ones that are a bit shorter which might allow you to squash the ASCU in behind it
      Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Hi, as for your ubr stock, a Lipo and a ascu Fet won't fit as its pretty tight as it is unless you get a very very small lipo.

Lipo's are very good batteries! Require a bit more caution and understanding but nothing to worry about! For a high Rof a good size lipo will be needed as I'm struggling to get over 30 on a small 7.4v lipo that would fit in a ubr stock.

I don't have any experiance with TM twist but in my hi speed set up I use a madbull ultimate hop unit, madbull black python 2 tightbore and a TM rubber and nub and it's spot on!!!

As far as I know raptor fets are no longer in production, but don't quote me on that!

Shs components are pretty decent and in my opinion great value for money, I've got a fair few Shs parts in various AEGs and are holding up great!

Anyway hope this helps.

Comment

Got the following parts to pop into the gun...

Systema POM piston head and cylinder set
          ASCU mosfet
          Imax smart charger
          some deans!
          13:1 shs gear set
          Element shims
          Element selector plate... The g&g rush didn't have the metal tabs, no idea how it worked, so needed a replacement, and £10 for a selector plate made me cringe.

Going for a prommy EG 6.04, cant afford that at the moment.

For externals im still waiting on my MK18 and some type of pistol grip and then it should be done.
          Also need to find out how on earth to remove the front end of this thing.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

cactus Im a newbie to airsoft, But I do enjoy it. :) Find out more about cactus
          Working...
          X