Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible ICS M4 Upgrades

Hey people,

Has anyone got any experience with ICS m4's and what's the best upgrades for them? Currently got just a madbull tightbore barrel in it.

Cheers

Re: Possible ICS M4 Upgrades

Depends what you want to achieve.

Comment

Internals are (almost) entirely compatible with TM, the only thing you're going to find is that the Hop-up will only accept ICS, and that the ICS uses a proprietary pinion gear for its motor.
      The gearbox has a standard layout which will accept any standard TM compatible gear-set and motor (long type). The upper gearbox will take any TM compatible parts including spring guide.

As far as mandatory ICS upgrades? New Piston. Worth every penny, the stock ICS pistons are garbage and the teeth are very prone to breaking, getting a nice sturdy polymer one with metal teeth is a good bet. The wiring is also worth having a look at replacing, but its only worth doing if you're going to be replacing the trigger assembly/moving battery/replacing motor since its not the easiest thing to replace.

External upgrades are a lot more tricky as nearly everything is only ICS compatible. The main area you're going to run into problems here is the grip and stock. Any new grips and stocks that arn't ICS will need to be modified by hand (usually a lot of grinding and re-drilling) to make them fit.

Comment

I'm looking at getting a high rof and range, fps doesn't bother me. I'm mainly wanting the gun just to 'sound' nicer and it just to have a better feel to it. What specific upgrades would you recommend? Ie make, model etc. Thanks for the help

Comment

SHS 13:10 gear-set and a good high-torque motor will give you a good sound and a great RoF then. Will run off of 7.2v lipo easily. If you want to get more RoF you can up it to an 11v but I wouldn't do that without replacing the wiring and adding a mosfet.

Comment

Mosfet isn't really required, though new wiring is a good idea. Mine run 11.1v LiPo's with no mosfet and noe problem.
            An H-Nub has made the range a lot better on my M4, The Turbo3K motor is very good but a little noisey, I'm just putting up with mine for now as the noise doesnt bother me that much.

Comment

Just ordered the gears and motor! Cheers for the help, what steel toothed piston would you recommend and what upgrades would you recommend for the upper gearbox? Ie specific parts, make, model?

Cheers

Comment

I just had this problem with installing a hispeed gearset in my ICS M4. The anti-reversal latch extension bumped into the smaller gear section of the spur gear. I had to grind away a fair bit to get it to move past the gear without contact.

Comment

Sorry, thats grinding a way a bit of the anti-reversal latch extension arm, not the spur gear lol

Comment

Originally posted by Benjii View Post
                    Just ordered the gears and motor! Cheers for the help, what steel toothed piston would you recommend and what upgrades would you recommend for the upper gearbox? Ie specific parts, make, model?

Cheers
                    SHS Guardian airsoft full 15 steel teeth piston just over £7 from auction site
                    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Now fps does bother me, its shooting at 320 and i want to get it up to 350, best options?

Comment

M100 spring. Simple as. If you want the option to change FPS easily then I suggest getting a second ICS upper gearbox (around £35) and putting a new spring in that.

If you're never going to play at a site that only allows 327fps max then its not much of a problem.

Comment

I have an m100 spring in it and that's what it is kicking out?

Cheers

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Benjii Ben, been in the airsoft 'world' for just over 2 years. Not much of a camper, a pure rusher! Find out more about Benjii
                          Working...
                          X