sr-15 gear set and motor upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sr-15 gear set and motor upgrade

I've picked up a G&P sr-15 urx at the weekend which is currently running as a DMR.

Now I plan to put it back to full auto, lower fps etc.
    I think I need a new selector plate, and an m100 spring should get the fps down.

But I also want to increase the rate of fire.
    I was thinking an shs high speed gear set
    And a high torque motor.

I need some advice however.
    It's running on a 11.1v li-po with a mosfet.
    Would I be better off with the 16-1 gear set rather than the 13-1 with the higher voltage?
    I don't want to be cooking motors or stripping gears to often.

Also can someone please recomend me a good, cheap, reliable high torque motor?

All feed back appreciated
    G&P SR-15-URX / HK416 Frakenstein build / CYMA MP5K ctr stocked cqb goodness / CYMA CM048 ak74
    -----Broken/project guns wanted-----

Re: sr-15 gear set and motor upgrade

For the motor i recommend an SHS high torque motor, can't help with the gear set though
    Originally posted by Hawk
    The P word again! You should say your love for airsoft 3 times and a holy Tokio Marui

Comment

SHS make good stuff at a good price.

As for the rof, it really depends on what rof you are aiming for. With the 13:1 gears, SHS High torque motor and a 11.1v lipo, you could be getting mid 30rps, depending on your shimming and Lipo you are using.

That's quite fast, and if it's faster than you want, then you'll be better off with a 16:1 gearset.

Comment

ok, got a 13-1 gear set coming.

Would I be better off keeping the stronger spring and short stroking? or downgrading to an m100?
        G&P SR-15-URX / HK416 Frakenstein build / CYMA MP5K ctr stocked cqb goodness / CYMA CM048 ak74

Comment

Strong and shortstroke definitely - it will guarantee that your piston returns before the lead tooth on the sector gear comes round again - if it doesnt return fast enough you can expect to knacker gears and piston :P
          Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Right my shims turned up today, motor, gears, and new selector plate should be here tomorrow, so I might give this a go at the weekend.
            I've also orsered an shs selector clip.

Comment

Well my first attempt at dismantling an aeg gearbox this morning!
              All came apart easily enough, trouble came when I went to fit the shs 13.1 gears
              The didn't bloody mesh lol

It said they should be fine for ver 2 & 3 geaboxes! and i'm pretty sure my g&p is ver 2!

Happily however the gears in there are high speed jobbies anyway, same number of teeth etc as the shs.
              So after a clean up, re-grease and shimming I put them back in again.

The worse part was getting the shell back together!
              I swear I needed about 3 pairs of hands lol

Anyway it all seems to be working fine, the new shs motor has made a hell of a difference!
              I'll try and get a vid later, see if you chaps thinks it sounds ok (like I said, my first time working on an aeg) not to sure what i'm listening for.
              Here she be

I didn't bring my dremmel home from work yesterday, so couldn't crack on with the short stroking yet.

It was chrono'd at 354 on .25g bb's, how mant teeth would you chaps recomend taking off to get it down to 350 on .2s?

Thanks

Ben
              Last edited by Pezza; 11 August, 2012, 11:12.

Comment

Grabbed a quick vid, what do you think it sounds like?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Pezza Find out more about Pezza
                Working...
                X