Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Any more upgrades needed - or am i just about done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any more upgrades needed - or am i just about done?

Alright guys,

Got an ICS M4, i have the following upgrades being put in later on this week:

SHS High Speed Gear Set
    SHS High Speed Motor
    SHS 15 tooth piston, 7 teeth steel.
    (Already got a madbull tightbore)

Is that enough? Would anyone recommend anything else?

Cheers,
    Ben
    Last edited by sj_asc; 12 August, 2012, 23:16. Reason: Moved to "Tech - Electric Guns"

Re: Any more upgrades needed - or am i just about done?

Change your hop rubber? As i have yet to do it myself i cant really recommend a specific one.
    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

convert to deans connector for better current flow and throw in a mosfet for added customisation as well of rof ajustment

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

H-nub

Comment

I'd add a hop rubber and mosfet into the mix as well!

Comment

With high speed motor and gears you may find your hicap mags can't keep up, so you may need midcaps.

Comment

Cheers for the replies guys what specific hop rubber? And what specific MOSFET is the best? Also, ive always wondered how mosfets work and how are they adjusted?

Comment

Mosfet wise, mine has a four LED (two green, two orange) symbol-style menu system i.e two lit green, an unlit orange and a flashing orange may mean that the ROF is set to 100% or something. Menus are navigated/adjusted with a simple long or short trigger pull, not sure on other makes but they will probably be similar... Mosfets with sector monitoring are supposed to be good but only found them for V.2 gearboxes...

Hop rubbers don't always perform the same in different hops but people have had success with firefly, madbull, prometheus, A+, and plain old tokyo... Just try one and see how it works for you, they're cheap and easy to install...
                Last edited by a_flea; 7 August, 2012, 17:34.
                Originally posted by Walter Gropius
                If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality.

Comment

Hi just my little input, hope it helps.

The usuall hop rubbers I use TM, guarder clear, or Madbul blue but there's so many different ones and different oppinions that there's no real answer, but at £5 each you can't go wrong with TM!

While your having your high speed stuff fitted probably best to get the AOE corrected at the same time! Usually done with sorbo. Always a good mod!

As for MOSFET's if you wiki it that should tell you the ins and outs! But you can spend anything from £5 to £150 on one! The cheep ones generally are non-programable but don't hold me to that. A user on here called Billy Breach seems to make his own and have good reviews and are very cheep so look them up!

And I shouldn't worry to much about mags as unless your going all out I don't think those parts put in as they are are going to throw out silly rps.

Anyway hope this helps.

Comment

I have a Billy Breach MOSFET ready to install into my G36CV.

I will be getting an ASCU V2 installed into my G&G AEG once I get it though.

Comment

I'd get a madbull blue or red rubber with an X spacer- what's usually called a H nub. Or you could go the whole hog and get a madbull ultimate hop up unit, which will work in conjunction with your madbull tightbore or so I've heard.

Comment

I don't think the madbull hop units are compatible with ICS rifles without some modifiction. Stick with the ICS hop unit and just change the rubber and nub.

Comment

Ah no you would be correct there, I almost made the same mistake a couple of weeks ago. I should've read his was ICS

Comment

personally i would change your hi-speed shs motor for a high torque shs motor, after fitting a mosfet thats is, and correcting the aoe...you could try an 11.1 lipo, but i have found that without further mods, ie heavier spring,short stroking,prob sector chip on an 11.1 plus high speed motor on my ics m4 fires erratically on single shot
                            VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                            trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Thanks for all the comments again guys, so what will the rof be like with all the upgardes with a 9.6 in it? IE per sec?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Benjii Ben, been in the airsoft 'world' for just over 2 years. Not much of a camper, a pure rusher! Find out more about Benjii
                              Working...
                              X