Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Cylinder/ barrel volume with sorbo help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cylinder/ barrel volume with sorbo help.

I'm getting a 455mm barrel for my m4 dmr and as its going to be around 450fps ill be using sorbo. I was looking at lonex cylinders rated 451-510 but how badly would the sorbo effect the cylinder volume? Would I be better with the smaller 401-451 cylinder? Thanks.

Re: Cylinder/ barrel volume with sorbo help.

the 451-510 is the one you want if you went for the 401-451 then you would be further reducing the compressed volume,basically the sorbo will reduce the compressed volume a little so a cylinder for a longer barrel will have a larger compressed volume to balance it out.

Comment

Re: Cylinder/ barrel volume with sorbo help.

Full type would be best matched to the 455mm, Marui use the full type (non ported/type A/0) Cylinders for that barrel length and it will still yeild efficient results up to around 540mm w/.20g. AoE adjustments/Sorbothane pads will take some of the usable volume, but as 455mm is at the shorter end of lengths that the cylinder has capacity for and it will get you a good result, the biggest advantage will be that the additional cylinder volume otherwise there for even longer barrels is still present and when paired with heavier weights is a more efficient muzzle energy transfer than a longer barrel and lighter weights.
      dsgdreamteam

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

W0lf Find out more about W0lf
      Working...
      X