Wierd M4 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wierd M4 problem

can anybody tell me why the motor/grip has gone magnetic with or without the battery connected , what can I do to rectify it.

Re: Wierd M4 problem

It is ALWAYS magnetic!

Soft iron core wrapped in copper windings is one of the oldest ways of inducing magnetism.

It is perfectly normal and a very basic way of determining how powerful a motor can be as it is this magnetic effect that turns the motor. If all your little bits and bobs stick to your pistol grip, it is fair to say you have a at least a half decent motor inside there. If they really stick to it or are actually pulled to it, you ave a better than half decent motor in the in tems of torque (turning power)

This is in no way a sign of quality of workmanship or reliability though!

Comment

Damned keyboard... I am not 8 and I do know how to use my big boy words... honest!

Comment

thanks locki for your promt reply, so theres nothing to worry about then, phew thats a relief, I'm only using it as a spare for the weekender and thought it was Kbroke (keeping within the rules on language lol)

Comment

As Loki has said mate, nothing to worry about.
          My magnum motor attracts anything with 6 inches that's magnetic. Handy for helping with anti reversal latches and keeping small springs and screws in one place.
          section 24 of the 1968 Act
          Supplying imitation firearms to minors
          1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
          2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

also in the field you can place your metal lunchbox on the pistol grip for a quick snack thats always ready to hand

Comment

^^^

It can be handy for grenade pins... but now i prefer the velcro tab option

Comment

:D

needless to say dingdango if you ever take the moter out be carefull of small screws and bits and bobs getting sucked in, when stoing motors i usually selotape up the bottom.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

dingdangdo Find out more about dingdangdo
                Working...
                X