LiPo (sorry)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LiPo (sorry)

Hi all, seriously considering changing from Ni-Mh to Li-Po, I've got a completely stock internal G&G CM16 carbine, currently running a 8.4v 1600mah mini battery, Li-Po seem to be the way forward, basically, what I'm asking is, do I need to upgrade any of my internals to run the Li-Po without chewing my gun up (only planning on using a 7.4v or the equivalent) and what are the pro's and cons, because I've heard Li-Po's can explode if charge runs too low or is overcharged, I've tried finding a relevant post to what I want to know but had no luck, help please guys! Thanks!
    -Steve
    Originally posted by Coz
    If you fart, take a chrono reading
    Praise the LORD, who is my rock. He trains my hands for war and gives my fingers skill for battle.

Certa Cito

Re: LiPo (sorry)

Will run perfect on a 7.4 lipo. I ran mine on one. Personally think that if you have enough space for NiMh then why change. Allegedly a 7.4 lipo will give same ROF as a 9.6 NiMh. Perhaps a little better trigger response as I understand it. I now only use lipo where space is an issue.

Wouldn't worry too much about all the exploding scare stories. (Plenty of those if you search).Yes you can make it happen but with proper care there should be no issue.
    "Praise the LORD, who is my rock. He trains my hands for war and gives my fingers skill for battle." Psalm 144:1

Comment

Thanks Keith!! Also, double thanks for commenting as I wanted the quote you have in your sig, I remember seeing it around on the forums somewhere, now I know where it is :D thanks for the advice mate, and I'm getting a troy rail system delivered for the G&G so I guess I'll need to run lipo lol, PM me a link to where you got your battery and charger?
      -Steve
      Originally posted by Coz
      Praise the LORD, who is my rock. He trains my hands for war and gives my fingers skill for battle.

Certa Cito

Comment

this is a good read: http://infectedairsoft.wordpress.com...teries-part-1/

Comment

Originally posted by Sinai View Post
          Unusually I agree, it's rare to find a balanced view of using LiPo batteries but that does appear to be one.

Just like any 'upgrade', using a LiPo battery is absolutely fine if you take appropriate precautions and understand the impact it's going to have on your gun. If you're not prepared to take those precautions then yes, you can have a lithium fire to deal with, and that's ugly.
          Paypal does not protect you as a seller or buyer. Don't believe the hype.

UK Virtual Assistant services: http://www.seekingserenity.co.uk/

Comment

have you considered LI-FE batteries instead?
            VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
            trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

What are Li-Fe batteries? Why are they different to Li-Po? Other than they have iron and lithium rather than polymer and lithium? Are they more expensive/cheaper? Link to some overview/guide please!!
              -steve

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk
              Originally posted by Coz

Certa Cito

Comment

they are a little bit more expensive than lipo, we are talking around 10% they are a little bit bigger probably 10% again, but they are a lot safer,and forgiving, and they cant damage themselves if they get discharged too low, unlike lipos if they go below 3.? amps they can start misbehaving, not taking or holding their charge, not balancing......

dont get me wrong lipos are good,its what i used, but if i was to change,i would look at LI-FE

Comment

Well could you link me to a pros and cons comparison please
                  -steve

Originally posted by Coz

Certa Cito

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post
                    unlike lipos if they go below 3.? amps they can start misbehaving, not taking or holding their charge, not balancing......
                    ITYM 3.2 volts

I would actually still use LiPos in preference to LiFe, but only because LiPo chargers are now stupidly cheap and they're little trouble if you look after them. I tend to look for hard cased LiPos, although they can be tricker to find in small sizes.
                    Paypal does not protect you as a seller or buyer. Don't believe the hype.

UK Virtual Assistant services: http://www.seekingserenity.co.uk/

Comment

for me to do that i would simply search on google till i found the info,im sure you can do that too

Comment

Thanks for the input sparrow, think I'll be going Li-Po due to budget issues :P thanks guys! /thread

Originally posted by Coz

Certa Cito

Comment

Originally posted by StuartL View Post
                          ITYM 3.2 volts
                          Per cell, not in total.
                          Lady Astor (first woman MP in the House of Commons): "Mr Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea."
                          Winston (getting unsteadily to his feet): "Madam, if I were your husband ... I'd drink it."

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

stevensniper I prefer to take my time and be accurate in airsoft, but sometimes you can't beat a good ol' rush ;) Find out more about stevensniper
                          Working...
                          X