Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&G M16 Help

Hi,
    I have recently bought a G&G GR16A2 CM from Zeroone (link: http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=5647) and I need help with the receiver. I was hoping to keep the lower plastic receiver (because I really like the markings on it) and change the upper receiver to a metal one with a removable carry handle to that I can use a 552 Holographic sight. Can this be possible as I tried to buy one off ebay but the seller said it is impossible to do so. Or do I need to get a whole metal body to make this possible? I'm a newbie to airsoft btw.
    Thanks!

As long as it fits in the same way i dont see why not :/

Generic Tapatalk Signature.
    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Re: G&G M16 Help

or you could skip all that and get one of these -
      http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=2509
      Lady Astor (first woman MP in the House of Commons): "Mr Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea."
      Winston (getting unsteadily to his feet): "Madam, if I were your husband ... I'd drink it."

Comment

Yeah but I really like the 552 holographic and it won't look right with a mount base.

Comment

Well don't go with a cheapo body kit for it, get a nice one which is made from a decent metal instead of some pot metal rubbish which will snap or bend if a piece of dust lands on it.
          The sort of price range you should really start at is £50 and up if looking abroad.
          Lady Astor (first woman MP in the House of Commons): "Mr Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea."
          Winston (getting unsteadily to his feet): "Madam, if I were your husband ... I'd drink it."

Comment

Okay, would an aluminium body be strong enough for skirmishing? Again, bear in mind I am a newbie to airsoft.

Comment

How many times have you skirmished in general and with the gun? Plastic body isn't all that bad if your a newbie.

EDIT: Adding a metal upper to a plastic lower will stress the body so much. If you're going to convert then do both or don't do either.
              Last edited by blytm; 10 August, 2012, 17:00.

Comment

I would say you might be better off trying to find a plastic upper from one of the other G&G combat machine series. (eg the cm16 carbine or raider models), which have a rail.
                the G&G plastic seems to be pretty robust stuff. try the classifieds on here, someoene might be getting rid of one after upgrading to a metal kit (infact, I seem to remember seeing a sale like that a few weeks back)
                Not actually a builder
                Not actually called Bob.

Comment

I have posted a thread on the wanted section for spares for a polymer upper receiver (G&G CM specific). Thanks guys for resolving my problem!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                  X