Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hop issue - I think.

Hey guys.

Haven't shot for awhile and decided to give the M4 a blast.

I did use a bag of mixed bb's I had laying around so 0.2g and 0.25g. Some shots go reasonably straight but others are doing a curve that David Beckham would be proud of.

The curved shots get to about 25m before straying left and then heading right and upwards.

So my question is: Is it the Hop on its way out or do we think the 0.2s are the ones flying off to space?

Cheers Guys

blytm

Re: Hop issue - I think.

If its been sat a while with the hop on, the hop rubber might have Horton misshapen and even dried out.
    Could try and rescue it with a nice long soak in silicon oil but you best bet might be to change the hop rubber.
    section 24 of the 1968 Act
    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Has it always done that, or is it a change since you last used it?

Comment

It was last used in 08 or 09 and I don't think it was doing that then so I reckon Sean is right. I took the GB apart last night and there was no damage etc inside and same results firing today. Never thought to look at the Hop to be honest.

Comment

I've found that when a gun has been sat for a while I've found the hop tends to go very wayward.
          1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
          2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Yeah you were right Sean, just got it out and its more egg shaped that rounded.

Comment

I reckon it will have quite an obvious dimple where the hop bucking presses down as well, meaning the hop rubber has stretched over time.

Comment

Yeah it does, both are currently soaking but I have spare rubber but not a spare nub.

Cheers for the help Sean

Comment

As long as the nub hasnt collapsed you might get away with it for a while.

Comment

Um, if you're using a mix of .2 and .25s.. then the wayward shots are probably just that, the .2s. If you've got your hop set so the .25s fly straight, the .2s will be over-hopping by quite a bit! Try using a non-mixed bag of BBs!

Comment

Right so I've re-built it all and used only .25s and the shots are straights but still curve a little to the right after the 25m mark. So I think new Rubber and Nub are in order.

Also the damned thing sounds like an angry turkey when it fires despite being greased.

Comment

As in muzzle report?

Comment

Yeah, sounds awful, I've adjusted the height but no change. Dam things going to get chucked in to a fire at this rate. Then again the GB is over 4 years old and this is its first and only problem... the owner haha.

Comment

As long as the gears and motor sounds ok and it's a thwacky muzzle report it could be the rubber bit on the cylinder head has gone a little hard, that would increase noise as the piston hits the cylinder head, shorts barrels also amplify this noise.

Just go the way I did and make it have the loudest muzzle report you can! It scares people lol.

If you can do a quick vid of it, that might make it easier to diagnose gears or piston/cylinder head interface.

Comment

I'll chuck up a video if I can.

EDIT: Bloody battery started going now argh!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

blytm Find out more about blytm
                              Working...
                              X