outdoor accurcacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• outdoor accurcacy

Hi guys/women i am wanting to make my G&P m4 more accurate for playing outdoors etc but was wondering what are some differnt ways of doing this . i no you can upgrade like the barrel etc but am wondering what over ways they are and what are important things that need to be upgraded for playing outdoos and allso how can you improve the range. and does it effect the accuracy if you have a fast firerate (28+a second).
    thanks Brandon

Re: outdoor accurcacy

Not really bud ..
    Either go with madbul tb barrel and hop unit and rubber with a upgraded spring to make it about 340 fps ..correct ur aoe and ur seals like piston head ring, cylinder head and get a oring air nozel .. tht will give u better seal and accuracy and range ...or you can do the r hop patch mod

Comment

OK thanks allot i will have a look around for them

Comment

Use .25 ammo too.
        Originally posted by B.E.N.
        Dude, that's like saying you wish you still had pictures of Monica Lewinsky sucking Bill Clinton's dick...

Comment

is it true that if you put a tightbore barrel in a gun you have to upgrade the piston

Comment

Originally posted by poly54111 View Post
            is it true that if you put a tightbore barrel in a gun you have to upgrade the piston
            No

Comment

No.
              There are, in fact, very few hard and fast rules that apply to all guns as the variety of manufacturers and even parts those manufacturers use in their different guns mean that the weak links for any particular gun can be completely different to any other. You absolutely don't need to upgrade the piston just because you've changed barrel though, if you're going with a tighter bore you technical need slightly less cylinder volume than you did previously, so if everything was perfect before then "ideal" would actually be to lose a tiny bit of air generated from the cylinder, but you can mostly ignore that fact.

The biggest single factors in ranged accuracy are air-seal, cylinder voluming and the quality/consistency of hop you are managing to apply, not necessarily in that order.
              What you want is to have each BB exiting the barrel with a consistent volume of hop, a minimal amount of bounce (preferably none) and as little turbulent air following it as possible.
              You can achieve these, in order, by: Utilising a softer rubber with an H/X-nub (or SCS or even better look into alternative hop systems) with a good quality hop unit that will not self-adjust; Use a good quality 6.03/6.04 (do not go tighter if you want accuracy) barrel or, even better, a TK Twist which will minimise round bounce (or close to eliminate it in the case of the TK) in the barrel, you will also need to keep the barrel clean over time; Match the cylinder volume to the barrel volume (ideally around 2:1 though, perfect ratios are dependent upon factors such as BB weight) to attempt to match the end of air delivery to the exit of the round from the barrel.

Power is, ultimately, one of the final parts of your concern, a well set-up 280fps gun can easily out-shoot a badly configured 345fps gun, a truly well configured 345fps AEG can in many cases out-do 500fps snipers, which never makes them happy
              When you get to the point of looking at power delivery though, you want it to be absolutely consistent, it's not just a case of whacking in a stronger spring to get the power you want, start from the front backwards and ensure all of your air-seals are as close to perfect as possible before even starting to tinker with springs to get your shot-to-shot consistency. Accuracy is, ultimately, hitting the same target with every shot, not getting one good one and three bad.

Comment

TK twists are rather finicky and I'm fairly sure 6.01s suffer from range loss, not accuracy (all airsoft race guns i've seen go for PDI 6.01).
                Originally posted by Lt. Macka
                big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

I've got TK Twists in all of my "serious" guns and as long as you've got everything right they offer, in my experience, significant benefits both in terms of outright range and flight trajectory.

In terms of "range loss" or otherwise, the reality of a tight-bore barrel is merely that the tighter the bore, the less air-loss around the round, which makes it easier to generated higher muzzle velocities with less cylinder pressure. The downside is that you are more likely to get the round bouncing in the barrel for two reasons, the smaller bore means there is a higher frequency of bounce, meaning it has less time to stabilise and also due to the fact less air is slipping around it there is less air "padding" to stabilise the round either (the entire principle the TKs are based upon).

Most "race" guns are focussed more on what I would consider to be mid to short range target shooting, so the setup isn't exactly synonymous with what we're otherwise discussing here.

Comment

Thanks for all the great feedback i will definetly take it into consideration but anymore tips and product ideas i will appreciate greatly thanks brandon

Comment

The reason the PDI barrels are so good is that their barrel consistency during manufacturing is second to none. The reason after market barrels perform better than stock ones is the tolerances for deformations and imperfections in the barrels are lower, and the material can be used to create a more uniform finish. Tight bores appear to give better accuracy but if you had a perfectly accurate 6.08 stock barrel you would find the shot to shot accuracy higher than that of a 6.01 that isn't as well made. Hop up rubber placement will make a difference, if you have. If you were to get a PDI 6.05 (what I would advise) and use a stronger spring to compensate for the less tight air-seal you would be much better off.

Any slight turbulence in the airflow around the BB causes the bouncing, it is exacerbated by the tighter barrel as Kaladyr mentioned. That is why the TK twist barrels are effective- they channel the air into streamlines around the BB to prevent turbulance.

But enough about barrels, the turbulence can be caused by pistons as well, which naturally creates air vortices- it's something that i'm not very knowledgable about, and I am sure there are others, but different pistons cause the air to move differently.

Use the right ammo and you will find a massive increase in accuracy.
                      If you use ICS or cheap BB's you will find that they spin off due to their innacurate manufacturing.
                      Use polished, low tolerance BBs- more reliable brands like BB Bastard, KSC or Excel and you'll notice an improvement.
                      They're not even that expensive because it usually works out you need to use less ammo due to the increased accuracy.

Hop up does make a massive difference, but i've found that it's more in the setting up of optimum alignment more than the brand, the rubber doesn't seem to make much difference- i'm quite happy using a TM one in mine and I hit people at 50m fairly comfortably with a 350fps AEG.
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napolean

Comment

I rock .28s in my m4, just make sure to chrono on 2s

Originally posted by Metalbody
                        pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

poly54111 Find out more about poly54111
                        Working...
                        X