ASCU mosfet and motor problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASCU mosfet and motor problem

Hi, finally got my new gearset today, so all internals are in place for my project.

Although now it has been halted.
    The ACSU manual says if the aeg stops and beeps twice before turning off that it could be one of the following:

Motor overtightened
    Gears overtightened
    Motor underpowered
    Batters is damaged (Nope, tried multiple batteries, zeroone NIMH, vaptechs, random lipos etc)
    or a broken/worn gear. (Brand new gearset, all nice and shimmed, gears spin fine)

Well, when the motors baseplate is on the gun fires half a shot and shuts off with the two beeps, straight to my mind i thought i should loosen the motor.
    Still had the problem after adjusting

So I screwed the motor adjuster all the way and began testing it every half a turn, same problem.

So I foolishly opened the baseplate and used my finger instead of the baseplate, volia! It worked. I origninally thought that it might need a stronget motor, im not sure

Its currently running the following on a G&G rush:
    SHS 13:1
    Stock G&G piston, cylinder, spring and spring guide AND MOTOR
    Systema cylinder head and Pom piston with bearings

What would the problem be?
    I feel doomed!

Regards,
    cactus.

The stock g&g motors are pants mate. Rest of the guns rock solid. Sounds like its shorting out more than anything :/

Generic Tapatalk Signature.
    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Re: ASCU mosfet and motor problem

would say try a hi-torque motor is worth a try, My SCAR h used to do this as would half turn then bleep and go into programing mode.
      though if it worked with your base plate off try a diff one or change pistol grip as maybe a chance that the motor is sitting to high/ your gears are to tightly shimmed and thats whats causing the ASCU top thinkl there is a problem.
      as the ASCU will cut in if your draws either too much power or too little.

Comment

What would you say I replace it with?

Not in the mood for spending much, splashed out around £200 this past week on airsoft goodies.

Comment

Originally posted by Bleedout View Post
          would say try a hi-torque motor is worth a try, My SCAR h used to do this as would half turn then bleep and go into programing mode.
          though if it worked with your base plate off try a diff one or change pistol grip as maybe a chance that the motor is sitting to high/ your gears are to tightly shimmed and thats whats causing the ASCU top thinkl there is a problem.
          as the ASCU will cut in if your draws either too much power or too little.
          Might be the shims, although i had a play with the gears (Took cylinder out and assembled body, ran really smoothly.)

I really have the feeling it is needing a nice new motor $$$

I have tried using multiple pistol grips and baseplate. Still the same problem.

Comment

if its the motor then try something like either an SHS / Element hi-torque motor which can be picked up pretty cheap second hand off forums.

Comment

Jbu motors are good zero one do them ther not that expensive, your better of with a high torque as you should have removed the anti reversal latch the standard/high speed motors magnets arent strong enough to stop the motor reversing which is probably what is happening, also check youve not damaged the data cable, if it detects a short it will cut out. I had this problem.
              Custom g&p mk18 mod1 cqb------tm glock 17 custom------king arms sig 556 shorty------tm tactical master berreta m9------magpul pts masada------WA gbb m4a1------WE sig P226R------KWA mp9A3------tm p226 e2------kwa mp7a1------systema ptw L119A1.

Comment

I recommend the SHS HiTorque, i have one in my Toptech, and my mate threw on in his C8 build, runs like a beauty.

Generic Tapatalk Signature.
                -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Originally posted by NEWT View Post
                  Jbu motors are good zero one do them ther not that expensive, your better of with a high torque as you should have removed the anti reversal latch the standard/high speed motors magnets arent strong enough to stop the motor
                  reversing which is probably what is happening, also check youve not damaged the data cable, if it detects a short it will cut out. I had this problem.
                  Funnily enough the negative cable decided to say bye bye.
                  Fixed though should have came up with a better design to keep all of the cables together, maybe even heatshrinked them together. They are a right pain in the bum to squeeze them in the cable channels.

Probably going to pick up a SHS High torque.

Comment

I got 10 cables from airsoft systems lol just in case haha
                    Custom g&p mk18 mod1 cqb------tm glock 17 custom------king arms sig 556 shorty------tm tactical master berreta m9------magpul pts masada------WA gbb m4a1------WE sig P226R------KWA mp9A3------tm p226 e2------kwa mp7a1------systema ptw L119A1.

Comment

Originally posted by NEWT View Post
                      I got 10 cables from airsoft systems lol just in case haha
                      Best to keep 'em stockpiled. Haha.

I've went with the SHS high torque. Fair price for £34.99.

Should have everything properly running tomorrah!

Ill get a vid uploaded to show my success/failure.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

cactus Im a newbie to airsoft, But I do enjoy it. :) Find out more about cactus
                      Working...
                      X