G36 help! Very weird!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G36 help! Very weird!

Hello people I'm doing some work on a few G36c's and I came across a problem that's baffled me!

Basically stopped working, so I removed the gearbox from the body tried a battery again and it works fine!

As soon as it gets put back into the lower receiver/grip it won't work I thought it might be a short or a wire problem but I've replaced the wire and the only metal part it the selector workings.

Have any of you had this problem before? Or does anyone know the issue?

Cheers people!

Re: G36 help! Very weird!

Sounds like a loose motor connector or a short on the base plate of the grip.
    It's of course possible that your selector isn't engaging properly so I'd also check that.

When it's back in does the trigger pull all the way?
    Does it start working pretty instantly or do you have to do anything to get it working when back out of the shell?
    How about if you just put the motor area into the grip but the top half hanging out the body and pull the trigger? (hard to explain so hopefully it makes sense).
    Have you tried removing any extension cables? I know my old JG came with a Tamiya > Tamiya extension cable in there that was faulty so I threw it out and put good connectors on there
    Additionally, have you tried bypassing the fuse to ensure it's not that?

Comment

First Thanks for your reply ,

Yeah I tried just inserting the motor part way into the grip-it works any more and it stops.

I'm pretty sure the base plate is plastic but will double check.

It works straight away as soon as its removed from the grip, and tried a couple other lowers

Extention cable is removed along with the fuse so that's no issue,

And yeah trigger is fine,

Weird yeah?!

Comment

Which manufacturer?

Comment

I think jg but not sure there's no markings

Comment

About the Author

Collapse