Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ares G36c noob help

Hello,

I have just bought an ares g36c with the quick change spring and just have a couple of questions.

Id like to have a few options on the spring as its so easy to change

Im a bit of a noob with modifying AEG's, I have a G&G GR16 but left that stock apart from a sight and foregrip, so I was just wondering what else I would need to change if I wanted to put a bigger spring in it?

Ideally I want to go as powerful as I can without changing much else than the spring but want to keep it safe (just for plinking and target shooting)

Also does anyone know what spring is in it stock as I think its shooting a bit over 350 now so may have to downgrade for skirmish.

As always any help will be greatly appreciated

Re: Ares G36c noob help

You don't 'need' to change anything.

The spring really is very easy to change. Incase you're not aware -

- remove the body pin in the body of the fun near the stock

- Remove the stock via the pin (not essential but I find it much easier to do this)

- Take out the metal and the spring attached to it (the the spring for FPS)

- Use a flathead to remove the small bolt

- Use a large allen key to stick into the spring guide and rotate about 90 degrees until the spring guide and spring come out

- Repeat backwards

Mine was firing bang on 350 when I got it, not got an M100 in it which brought it down to 330 so (i am guessing here) I'd say it's an M110 that comes with the gun as standard.

Comment

The Ares G36 range from 320 - 390 stock. The factory spring is an M110 but its all about the quality of the airseal with hop unit and the cylinder head.
      Sent from my TITAN X310e using Board Express
      King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
      https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
      www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Re: Ares G36c noob help

Sweet, thanks for the info. Think I'll get it chrono'd and drop it to a m100 if it's over, then get an m120 or m130 as well just for plinking etc

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BigZee87 Find out more about BigZee87
        Working...
        X