Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

King Arms V2 gearbox - semi on Semi & Semi on Auto!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King Arms V2 gearbox - semi on Semi & Semi on Auto!?

Hi guys,

I'm fairly clued up when it comes to sorting issues with V2 gearboxes but this one has got me completely stumped.

First off I had issues with the trigger "clicking" turned out to be a combination of a prematurely worn trigger switch and an under sized fire selector arm thingy (the bit that rocks to allow the switch to either move up or stay flat).

Right, got those issues sorted with a G&P steel fire selector arm thingy and a G&P pre wired drop in switch set. Lovely. Every thing else looks tickety boo.

I put the pistol grip onto the gear box to test, install the motor Yadda Yadda... Pull the trigger in semi.. Zip lovely.. Put it into Auto.. Zipzipzip.. Lovely jubbly.
    So I fully rebuild the gun, put the gearbox back in to the M4 lower receiver etc etc, check it all over and all seems fine. Load up a mag, saunter off into the garden for a test fire, I select Semi and.. Zipop... Fires ok in semi, cool. Select auto and Zipop....hmmm... Tried a few times and no matter what it would only fire single shots as if it were in the 'Semi' position.

So my issue now is that the gun ONLY fires single shot.
    It seems to me that all parts of the gearbox are moving as they should, I have cross referenced with my other King Arms V2 gearbox and they 'seem' to be identical. I just cant work out why or indeed what is causing the issue?

The gear box has enough clearance within the receiver, nothing is binding... I'm stumped.

Help

Re: King Arms V2 gearbox - semi on Semi & Semi on Auto!?

My first thought is selector plate, are you using the standard King Arms one? If so it might be worth swapping it for a G&P or other one, just incase the King Arms one is a little off.

Comment

ive seen the selector lever on the lower receiver not line up with the selector plate on the gearbox a few times,nothing you do to the lever makes a difference i.e. no safe or full auto just semi.

Comment

Cheers guys.

By the looks of it the selector plate is really my last call. I'll get a G&P plate and see how that fares. Oh the joys of AEG's! And I thought GBBR's were a pain! lol

Comment

Full auto selection means the selector plate will physically dis-engage the cut off lever. You can check if its doing that without even opening the gearbox.
          dsgdreamteam

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sgtazza Find out more about sgtazza
          Working...
          X