whats wrong with my v2 gear box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats wrong with my v2 gear box?

Mid way through last game my kwa m4 stopped shooting and just made the noise you can here in this vid when on full auto.

I striped the box today but all looked ok so put it backtogether and it worked for a while but now its doing it again. you can see how slow it cycles and i have adjusted the motor hight a number of times but it makes no differance!

heres a vid

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v7...9E28F5C581.mp4

Re: whats wrong with my v2 gear box?

how is the pinion secured to the motor?
    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

not sure i can take a look in the morning, could it be the pinion slipping on the motor shaft?

thats the only thing i didnt realy check, all gears and teeth inside seem fine

Comment

cant tell looks like it might just be pushed on but its tight and there is the same amount or resistance when turning by hand as an old v3box motor i had lying around.

Comment

Are you getting anything out of the airseal nozzle?
          Cant see accurately from a low FPS video, but it doesn't look like the piston is having time to return.
          It could be a number of things.
          Have you opened the box at all?
          dsgdreamteam

Comment

Sounds to me like stripped piston....

Comment

+1 ^

It is only the dead who have seen the end of war.
              Plato
              ( Anyone with a chrome TM Desert Eagle PM me now !)

Comment

I agree with the above 2 gents - that piston has gone to the next life.
                Fixing Airsoft RIF's since god knows when XD

Comment

if the piston teeth had stripped it would never pull back all the way and stay there. if the main tooth had gone, the piston wouldnt move, and if a few teeth further down had gone it would just short stroke.
                  It could be motor/pinion related. If its the old style pinion with a grub screw make sure its seated and tightened. If not you could have a motor thans dying. not having enough torque to complete the gearbox cycle.

Comment

Pictures would be great if possible, Close ups of the Piston head, Piston rack gear, Cylinder head would be great (ill explain why later). Pinion gear could be slipping on the shaft, but it's not that likely because it shouldn't cycle semi in the way that it does. It's also possible the motor isn't secured properly.
                    dsgdreamteam

Comment

ok ill open it up again monday and take lots of pics, i think it must be motor related but we shal see

Comment

Is the piston rack on this a full tooth metal or something like that, as i had a similar problem last week. Which turned out to be caused by the piston actually breaking where the rack slides into on one side. This made the piston rack sit a slightly of set angel from stright and thus cause a sound like a stripped piston to which you are getting.

Comment

that does not sound like any stripped piston i've had, and i've had about 8 so i know what it sounds like, i also had a motor die on me today and it sounded pretty similar so try swapping the motor

Comment

well I know what's wrong with it. it's broken, that's for sure!
                            The Gear Box Destroyer

Comment

possible the piston head had parted company with the piston,had that happen once.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

JBall Find out more about JBall
                              Working...
                              X