Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

ICS M4 metal Lower Receiver replacement options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICS M4 metal Lower Receiver replacement options?

My gun is an ICS M4, with a version 3 split gearbox. Recently my lower receiver cracked (very badly) in many places across the back of the receiver, and its that bad that it now flexes where the buffer tube attaches to the receiver. I've been looking for a metal replacement lower receiver but I've been told that I can only use the ICS ones, which are expensive. However, I've read that you can use any normal M4 lower receiver as its the upper receiver that's unique for the split gearbox not the lower, is this true?

Many thanks in advance.

Re: ICS M4 metal Lower Receiver replacement options?

It's a version 2 split gearbox in the M4.

You can only use ICS receivers with the split gearbox - upper AND lower. The dimensions are different to other manufacturer's M4 receivers - I believe ICS versions are a bit longer to accommodate the gearbox.

Your best bet is to look for a second hand one on this very forum, or you can get the newer nylon fiber version - not as expensive as the metal but a lot stronger than the old plastic version. But it must be an ICS one I'm afraid!

Comment

+1 for what julesbloke said. It's got to be an ICS. Have you tried getting a price from ICS direct?
      I know what i said because i was standing here when i said it.

ICS FAN - Always looking for parts. PM me what you have

Comment

i have a used ICS lower for sale.
        please send me your email for pictures.
        sigpic

Comment

Hop up came today, nice one deanfirst

Comment

Thanks very much julesbloke. Ill probably just get a nylon fiber receiver for the time being and get a metal one in the future sometime. I was shocked at how little it took to crack the plastic one I've got, very weak indeed.
            Thanks deanfirst, I'll send you a PM.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SuperSnail Find out more about SuperSnail
            Working...
            X