Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 450FPS Single SHot M4 project.

Hi,

So im starting a new project, i want a high ranged 450 fps single shot m4. anyone able to point me towards any decent threads/articles that sheds some light on the area. ive looked on here under single shot but only really find bolt action threads, checked out a mechanics airsoft site but all their stuff blew me away, way too deep into the tech side of things for me to understand.

Cheers Jago.
    Last edited by sj_asc; 23 August, 2012, 12:48. Reason: Moved to "Tech - Electric Guns"
    If You Run You'll Only Die Tired

Guns:
    CA M15 A4 x2
    Vsr G-spec
    P226

Re: 450FPS Single SHot M4 project.

I would suggest that if it's "way too deep into the tech side of things" for you to understand, then perhaps it's "way too deep into the tech side of things" for you to attempt...

Comment

As above but if your really guna go for it you will need at least

11.1 lipo
      MOSFET
      High torque motor
      M130 spring
      High torque gears

Remember FPS isn't really that important, you want consistency, I'd go a good tightbore/hop/rubber/nub combo and good air seal over high FPS numbers. With my 400fps semi m4 could hit body size targets at 75 meters using .28 ammo

Originally posted by Metalbody
      pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

Mate iv been at it past year and costing a good bit of cash and still not got mine going I'd wish I just bought one all built rather that build one but if you got time ,money and can handle the stress good luck

Comment

I was thinking about building an M4/16 based DMR but would really like to find a receiver that only has the 'safe' & 'semi' positions with the 'auto' position locked off just like the AR 15 rifles.

Does anyone know where i could get one?

Thanks

Comment

i used some p38 so fill in the "auto" engraving and then cut off the nub that sticks out limiting the travel of auto. quick spray of krylon and youd never no.

Back to OP, you will need to shim the gun to within an inch of its life to stop any play in the gears, as well as adjust the angle of engagment AOE for short, so the piston engages with the maximum amount of contact with the gear. (lol youtube it)

But like the others said, if you dont know the inner workings of a gearbox (yes they are scary at first) then i wouldnt attempt it, especially if you do it wrong and everything flys out in your face and youve a pile of gears and stuff. that happened to me, and i had to learn the hard way. But now i love it, i strip my gearboxes regularly to maintain them and replace parts i deem worn.

Comment

I think the base guns key, do it from a tm sopmod platform your garrentied solid performance from the hop unit then, my sops about 450fps on singles...

Comment

lipo 11.1v
                16 awg wireing
                Element high torque
                m120 ( if going for insane air pressure) or a m130
                gears i would go for cheap cheap cheap SHS high torque set or some RIOT SC set
                RAPTOR fet
                madbull ( or pommy tight bore if you can afford it)
                Steel GB ( simply becuase 400+ fps)

simply TM Piston will do as its cheap
                and a bearing piston head/ spring guide won't hurt

as for hop either element or madbull

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

lt.fowler Find out more about lt.fowler
                Working...
                X