Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mis Feed & Lack Of FPS Issues

Hi,

After a little help, my MP5 kind of went all crap today. The range dropped to under half, and on single shot it was firing none, then two. Full auto pellets were just coming out when they felt like it really.

I think I can rule out the mags, as I doubt all 3 would break within 5 mins. Everything sounds right, so I am guessing this leaves the hopup unit.

It has been changed over not so long ago, but has been working fine until now. It is Madbull 6.03, TM unit, systema rubber and KM nub. The gun runs a M100, 9.6v and G&P M120.

Can anyone suggest what this is likely to be?

Thanks!

Re: Mis Feed & Lack Of FPS Issues

Taken it apart, looks like the piston is not returning to the same place after each cycle.

Would explain the mis feeds, which is probably the low range too.

Question is though, why would it suddenly stop cycling properly?

Comment

Have a look to see what's broken, if anything. It may just need a rebuild. It could be that the piston has stripped a few teeth, meaning it is being turned halfway, released and then it's turned a bit more as the sector gear rotates one full cycle. Would explain the fps drop and the bad cycling.

Again, take apart the gearbox and have a look, best way to diagnose.

Comment

Now I've seen its a mechbox problem, I've remembered throughout the day the semi was jamming onto almost safe. The trigger would not press. Related?

Any thoughts? I don't want to open the mechbox really, so hopefully you guys can give me an idea, then I'll send it off!

Comment

That would be a selector issue, the safety are might just need a clean, or your selector components could be worn down. I can't say anything further without you opening the gearbox, sorry mate.

Comment

No problem. Cheers for your help.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jagillham Find out more about jagillham
            Working...
            X