TM G36 selector problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM G36 selector problem

Hi all, having a slight issue with my TM G36. When I move the selector switch to fully auto it will fire maybe 1-2 burst then the selector seems to shift to semi as if the vibration of the gun is moving the sector plate?

Replacing he selector plate may be the solution but just wondered if anyone has had a similar problem and found another fix?

Re: TM G36 selector problem

Yep had the same problem with my src , turned out to be a loose selector swith!

Comment

The selector plate is moved by a pin on the left hand selector quadrant. If the gun changes mode it could be the gears on the selector quandrant are worn/broken or the selector plate is actually bending. We have had that problem on hire guns and a replacement selector plate has fixed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Andrews View Post
        The selector plate is moved by a pin on the left hand selector quadrant. If the gun changes mode it could be the gears on the selector quandrant are worn/broken or the selector plate is actually bending. We have had that problem on hire guns and a replacement selector plate has fixed it.
        The selector plate does look a bit weak on the end, not broken just seems a bit 'bendy'....

JohnnyD what did you do to tighten the loose selector switch? I thought about this but couldn't see any screws to do up just looked like a push-on fixing.

Comment

On the bottom of the selector is a tiny screw which has to be tightened with a miniscluehex wrench

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny D View Post
            On the bottom of the selector is a tiny screw which has to be tightened with a miniscluehex wrench
            Hmm..... interesting. I'll have a look tomorrow and give it a whirl. Cheers matey, if it doesn't to the trick I'll take Tom Andrew's advice and get another selector.....need a new air nozzle for my M16 as well anyway.

Comment

The selector plate can also be a bit dodgy , however an new selector switch worked for me !

Comment

I think you may find the rear part of the selector plate bends up as the selector quadrant rotates, rather than slide back, it then is free to move forward and back.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

FlangTal1ty I like guns and enjoy shooting people, all you need to know :-) Find out more about FlangTal1ty
                Working...
                X