Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

g&g top tech m4 not fireing then fireing !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• g&g top tech m4 not fireing then fireing !

Hey guys at the end of a skirmish last week my g&g top tech m4 stopped firing, I left it where it was and continued using my mates gun, when I went back and took out the mag she fired again, so I just went home thinking it was a blip,
    Testing out my new pmags today she stopped foreign after about 30 rounds and now is quite random, she will fire a couple of shots (no mag in) then stop then start. I have been using lipo batts since I bought it and just started using a voltage buzzer which didn't sound on the first day she stopped working.
    Is there any modification needed to use lipos?
    Any ideas what the problem could be?
    Thanks

Re: g&g top tech m4 not fireing then fireing !

take out the buzzer, does it shoot then? i wouldnt bother with one, a gun will stop shooting well before the lipo hits 3.3v per cell.
    If it still doesnt shoot, check the connection, if your using tamiya, ditch them and put on deans connectors.

Also check the motor wires, as after a while they can come loose. if thats not it, its time to pop out the gear box, check over the cables along their lengths for breaks. then if that doesnt show anything its time to open up the GB and look at the trigger assembly.

Comment

Thanks, have removed the buzzer and fully charged the lipo, but she is now dead, it is on mini tamya connectors, should I change these before checking the motor etc? The gun is pretty new, fired under 10k rounds through her and 2 skirmishes, hoping its not serious

Comment

id check the motor connectors first, could be as simple as that. is the gun front/rear wired? as i know rear wired G&G guns have spade connectors near the rear of the gun. Pulling on the battery cable too long could cause one to come off. I dont think G&G guns have fuses so thats somehting you cant check.

Comment

Its rear wired and yeah I have noticed spade connectors down the tube, I'll check them as well.
          Thanks mate

Comment

Also check your wiring for short circuits - my m4 developed an intermittent fault that was the result of shoddy wiring (admittedly done by myself because i didnt know what I was doing at the time)
            Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

OK so I think its fixed but don't know how, I disconnected the motor and re connected it which didn't do anything, it was firing in the same manner ( sometimes when it stopped , pressing the spring release made it fire again??) So the 3rd time I removed the motor I decided to adjust the alon key in the centre (don't really know the function besides changing the noise of the motor) this had ran dome effect which resulted in the trigger not moving when in semi auto position, I roved the motor for the last time and loosened that centre allon key , then tested it, I fired a full high cap and a mid cap through her with no issues, the trigger on semi sorted itself and the gun seemed to have abetter and smother cycle tthen I had on the last skirmish before the problem.
              Can anyone explain what might have happened so I can prevent this in the future and possibly fix it quickly should it happen again please?

Comment

It's adjustment for the Motor height you are adjusting, its adjustment of the motor pinion gear to Bevel gear and requires precise adjustments for optimum efficiency/smooth running and longer gear life. A poorly set alignment will result in significantly shorter life span of the bevel and or pinion gear, lots of noise, poor battery life and could overload the motor and wiring.
                dsgdreamteam

Comment

The motor was getting hot, would those account for the gun, refusing to fire randomly?

Comment

Some motor heat is normal, but you would find it getting excessively hot and a lot quicker if not correctly set.
                    dsgdreamteam

Comment

Yes it could account for the gun not firing, if its way out of alignment it can cause the gears to seize.
                      Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Thanks a lot guys (I honestly wanted to cry as its my first £300+ AEG! And I love it)
                        Hoping this is sorted now so I can focus on shooting people with her

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Reuben Find out more about Reuben
                        Working...
                        X