Ics m4 not firing after replacing inner barrel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ics m4 not firing after replacing inner barrel

As in the title, my m4 is not not firing and can just hear the clunk of pulling the trigger, what do I do?

Cheers in advance
    Caza

Re: Ics m4 not firing after replacing inner barrel

Were the gears aligned correctly when you closed the receiver? You could have jammed them with the tapped plate.

Is it front wired? You may have accidentally disconnected the wires while fiddling with it.

Has the fuse blown? Or a motor cable connector come off in the grip?

Could be a lot of things! Does the motor even try to turn or is it completely dead? Have you tried it with the receiver open to see if the gears turn?

Comment

I have a feeling that if it's front wired, when you reconnected the battery you got the cables mixed up so the current's flowing the wrong way. The motor makes that 'clunk' noise when the battery's the wrong way round as it just slams the gears into the AR latch.

Split the receiver, put a battery in. Cycle the gun while holding down the forward assist/tension release latch and see what way the gears turn, make sure they're turning towards the rear of the gun.
      Before closing the receiver, cycle the gears on semi a few times until the catch on the sector gear is at about 1-2 o'clock. Anything between 6 and 12 and you're going to slam the tappet plate catch on it and have a hard time closing the gun.

Comment

I found out that the gears weren't alligned properly, as I didn't realise they had to be!
        Thank you for the help, it made me realise what the probelm was!
        Cheers

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

caza Find out more about caza
        Working...
        X