Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&G GR15 Carbine Problems After Reassembly

Hi guys,

I'm having some trouble with my G&G GR15 carbine, I disassembled it to rewire the trigger switch for a mosfet and since reassembling it the motor, battery and new mosfet are running much warmer than before and I have noticed a considerable drop in FPS. I have tried bypassing the mosfet by connecting the battery directly to the wires coming from the gearbox and that doesn't help. Also the battery became near about fully drained after less than 100 shots. I also regreased the gears at the same time which required me to remove the gears, shims, bushings etc. so possibly this has something to do with it.

My initial thoughts are that the motor is under increased load hence why it is running warm and the battery is discharging quicker etc. My guess is this could either be down to excess grease on the gears causing increased friction in the gearbox or the shims being misaligned which would also cause an increase in friction.

Does anyone have any ideas of their own as to why this could be happening or experienced the problem themselves?

Thanks,
    David
    Current Stuff for Sale: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dhy9df9yz2...For%20Sale.txt

Re: G&G GR15 Carbine Problems After Reassembly

Youve shimmed the gear box incorrectly and now the gears are tight, which is causing more resistance for the motor, so it draws more power from the battery making it hot, and the battery flat quicker.

Watch a few videos on youtube about shimming, i shim using the pinion gear first which is the correct way imo, as incorrect pinion seating with the first gear can cause adverse wear.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

w02057 Find out more about w02057
    Working...
    X