ICS M4 firing issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICS M4 firing issue

Hey guys and girls, i have a wee issue with my M4...ive had a little search round on here but to no avail.

Right the gun its self fires, an odd bb would come out then nothing but the gun would still fire but it was making a strange sound...so i opened it up thinking it was the piston, this did look like it had been stripped slightly so i replaced that but again same problem and im out of ideas now.

I have added a link to a video of the sound its making as its hard to explain;
    (hopefully it works)

If anyone has any ideas on the issue please share i'd be very grateful!!
    Thanks
    Darren
    Last edited by Ratziller; 27 August, 2012, 23:05.
    "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered
    automatic weapons."

Re: ICS M4 firing issue

Sorry here is the link...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrSPt...ature=youtu.be
    The noise just after the firing is whats bugging me, other then it not shooting of course
    automatic weapons."

Comment

Have you adjusted the hop as that may be a reason to the gun not shooting.

On the side of the noise it could be a few things from my experience.
      1. Motor Height your motor screw at the bottom of the pistol grip may be too high or low
      2. Shimming, the gears may need to be re shimmed as they are to tight in the shell and causing resistance
      3. Something may be loose within the gear box

On the non shooting side of things when test firing (dry firing) the gun check to see if the air nozzle is moving and if you can feel air been blasted from the nozzle.

Please let me know if any of this helps.
      Wanted:
      Broken/Faulty Guns (AEG or GBB)

Comment

Ah excellent, you have mentioned a couple of things that some other people have said so i shall start there.
        As and when it gets sorted i shall indeed update thank you.
        automatic weapons."

Comment

That sounds like a broken/removed/non-functional anti-reverse latch.
          Paypal does not protect you as a seller or buyer. Don't believe the hype.

UK Virtual Assistant services: http://www.seekingserenity.co.uk/

Comment

If it is that will be awesome, easy fix lol. Ill be hopefully taking it ALL apart AGAIN this evening n try out everyones suggestions lol.
            automatic weapons."

Comment

I hate the anti-reverse latches. They are the bane of my life in gearbox maintenance. The one on my G36 used to have a mind of its own and regularly decided to jump out of the gearbox and off the table just as I lined up the housing during reassembly

Comment

Tell me bout it!! the one in my m249 GB has been giving me the same shite lol
                automatic weapons."

Comment

Originally posted by StuartL View Post
                  I hate the anti-reverse latches. They are the bane of my life in gearbox maintenance. The one on my G36 used to have a mind of its own and regularly decided to jump out of the gearbox and off the table just as I lined up the housing during reassembly
                  It's an ICS split gearbox - possibly the easiest one on the market to put back together. You can hold the anti-reverse latch in place with your finger while you close the box - it extends up out of the shell

Comment

Yeah I have an ICS m4 with a split gearbox and the anti reversal latches are very easy to work with.

I know it isn't for this thread but if you are having problem with putting an anti reversal latch in put some gear grease in the hole for the latch and that will help (well its always helped me)
                    Wanted:
                    Broken/Faulty Guns (AEG or GBB)

Comment

Right an update; i COMPLEAAAATLY disassembled the gun, when i opened the lower piece of the split gearbox, there where 2 shime's (metal washers?) were all distorted and mangled. Replaced them, put the gun all back together...and it fired, but that original noise was there with the gearbox/motor still after each time i fired. Got through 2 high caps on semi n the odd full auto, trying to reset the hop. But then it decided to stop shooting after a few sperts of multiple BBs firing and the grip/motor was really warm...it appears theres a BB stuck in the hop, the air nozzle is moving but isnt hitting the BB to clear/fire it...(unless the BB is that stuck n it just cant fire the BB)...i had obviously done something when reasembling this as it fired, but still had that noise...im starting to think about just selling it for parts lol.
                      automatic weapons."

Comment

Right an update; i COMPLEAAAATLY disassembled the gun, when i opened the lower piece of the split gearbox, there where 2 shime's (metal washers?) were all distorted and mangled. Replaced them, put the gun all back together...and it fired, but that original noise was there with the gearbox/motor still after each time i fired. Got through 2 high caps on semi n the odd full auto, trying to reset the hop. But then it decided to stop shooting after a few sperts of multiple BBs firing and the grip/motor was really warm...it appears theres a BB stuck in the hop, the air nozzle is moving but isnt hitting the BB to clear/fire it...(unless the BB is that stuck n it just cant fire the BB)...i had obviously done something when reasembling this as it fired, but still had that noise...im starting to think about just selling it for parts lol.
                        automatic weapons."

Comment

I had the same problem, it was a second hand joby, for me it was the motor height needed adjusting all the time every few skirmishes, sold it for scrap at the end for bored of it anyways

Comment

If you're seeing feeding issues then you've almost certainly got a hop-up issue. Check that it's aligned properly, that the hop-up rubber isn't damaged etc. Wind the hop all the way off and try again.

If that doesn't work check that the tappet plate and nozzle are cycling properly. If not strip the gearbox again or find a friendly gun tech to do the same.

The mangled shims will be as a result of a previous gearbox disassembly not putting the shims back in place, eventually the gearbox shakes them loose from where they were hiding and get caught in the gear train, causing a major jam and mangling the shims.

Comment

Well i feel stupid...have taken the gun apart AGAIN and put it all back together again...and it works??!!! Not sure what i have done or what was wrong either. Just wanna say thanks to all the help from people :D
                              automatic weapons."

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ratziller Find out more about Ratziller
                              Working...
                              X