Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

TM MP5 SD6 - what's the biggest battery for standard gun??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM MP5 SD6 - what's the biggest battery for standard gun??

Hi,

So I've always used a mini 8.4 600 mAh battery in the foregrip that came with the gun, and I only recently bought a 8.4 mAh 1600 mAh battery that is working well.

What is the best size / power battery I can safely use in my standard TM SD6?

Thanks for the advise,

Paul

Re: TM MP5 SD6 - what's the biggest battery for standard gun??

As long as it isn't a 11.1v lipo it should be fine power-safety-wise, regarding size, do you know how big the battery space is? (even comparatively to your 8.4v?)
    Originally posted by Lt. Macka
    big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

Is it a full stock version or does the battery fit in the foregrip?
      If its the foregrip, Ive had an 11.1v 15C cranestock lipo in mine, but used to use a 9.6v Nimh nunchuck style cranestock battery in it with ease.

Like that one.
      section 24 of the 1968 Act
      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

The SD6 is a telescoping stock version, so it's a handguard battery gun.

I use 2600mAh 7.4V Crane stock LiPos in mine. The cells fit either side of the barrel, with the wiring tucked under the handguard as you close it.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your replies.

Yes, the battery is housed in the handguard, max space for one is 125 mm long, 32 mm wide, 16 mm deep.

So I can fit any volt and any mAh battery to my standard gun without worry of breaking motor / gears etc.?

I can see the advantage of LiPos, but I am happy with my ROF for night game use (saves the close quarter overkill factor too!)

Comment

With that size I'd guess a 2A 8.4v mini battery pack with the biggest mAh you can find, mAh indicates capacity.

Comment

9.6v 1600mah Nimh mini should go in there ok?

Comment

Should still consider the Crane stock, or "nunchuck" style - it does give you some extra room.
                Otherwise, I'd estimate only about 1700mAh cells can fitas it has to fit in the space between the barrel and handguard. The split packs can fit around the barrel, so bigger cells will fit.

Comment

Hi, thanks again for all your advise.

I have got hold of a 9.6 - 1600 mah crane stock battery and it fits in okay.

I just worry slightly that a 9.6 will be too powerfull for my standard Mauri MP5.

Is the 9.6 likely to burn out my gears / motor ?

Thanks again for the advise,

Paul

Comment

No. 11.1v lipos are the only thing that airsoft guns can't usually take, and that's roughly equivalent to a 12v nimh (i.e. 2 cells higher than 9.6v).

Comment

Hi Proto

Thanks for your reply, I've just bought the 9.6, and I appreciate everyones input, I seem to be clueless when it comes to these things!

Regards

Paul

Comment

Tm designed all there guns for 8.4v so thats technically the standard...

but then you have new brands coming out saying they can take 11.1v out the box.

Truth is its your gun and it can be what ever you want it to be... if something breaks on a new battery... just upgrade that part... if something breaks again upgrade that part.. until it stops breaking :P

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

KillEmAll Find out more about KillEmAll
                        Working...
                        X