Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

What shs gears to buy to go with a shs hi torque motor ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What shs gears to buy to go with a shs hi torque motor ??

Hi what shs gears shall I buy if I have a shs high torque motor and an m105 element spring. As I'm afraid if I get a high speed gear set my gearbox will suffer from pre engagement as the light spring won't be able to keep up. Or is that only the case at really high rate of fire ?? Please reply. Also would it be worth getting the full tune up kit. And what benefits does the new piston/airnozzle give. Cheers
    Last edited by sj_asc; 28 August, 2012, 11:54. Reason: Moved to "Tech - Electric Guns"
    sigpic

Re: What shs gears to buy to go with a shs hi torque motor ??

What you trying to do? What FPS and how fast?

Comment

Seemingly 350 fps due to the 105 spring, What would you think would be a fast, yet non-self-destructive, speed?
      Originally posted by Lt. Macka
      big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

Umm i want it around 20 rps. And yes 350 fps.
        sigpic

Comment

20rps Is fairly high speed isn't it. Will I need to do alot more than change the gears etc
          sigpic

Comment

What is it now? My SHS gives about 20rps in a toptech GB on 9.6 Nimhs

Generic Tapatalk Signature.
            -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
            -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Originally posted by JCSsharpshooter View Post
              20rps Is fairly high speed isn't it. Will I need to do alot more than change the gears etc
              20 isn't high by any means, although it's fairly sensible.

When people go for a high ROF build they usually aim for anything between 25 and 70+!

Comment

Heh ive never checked what it is as i play semi :/

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
                  What is it now? My SHS gives about 20rps in a toptech GB on 9.6 Nimhs
                  Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
                  Heh ive never checked what it is as i play semi :/

But on topic, 20 RPS is a high-ish speed (i.e. significantly faster than real steel) but in terms of airsoft not so much, with SHS high speed gears, I think 20 rps shouldn't be too much trouble at all, what is your current RPS roughly?
                  Originally posted by Lt. Macka
                  big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

around 13rps on a standar 8.4 large type firing around 300 fps. thats with the standard g&g motor.
                    sigpic

Comment

G&g motors are pants :L the shsll give you about 20 on a straight drop in.
                      And i meant i havent measured it, only at a guess

Comment

If you are looking for 20rps I think you should buy the 16:1 ratio gears.

EDIT - just to say I aggree with above, 16:1 is a fairly stock ratio and you should be able to get 20rps with the standard gear set.

Comment

Okay then. Cheers for the help everybody. I really appreciate it.
                          sigpic

Comment

The 16:1's by SHS are actually 17.8:1 so they're not much shy of the stock 18.7:1 set. If you want to make use of the torque motor you'd want to go a little lower than that. Or you could simply up the voltage on the current setup, re-shim and be happy with that. As said, G&G motors aren't that great, but for what it's worth id try out a higher voltage pack (9.6v large should be significantly quicker).
                            dsgdreamteam

Comment

Just got myselfs the SHS 16:1s, waiting for them to be posted - dont particularly wish to experiment with 13:1s (especially when I'm switching to a 9.9 LiFe battery) - maybe I'll get the 13:1s and a 7 steel tooth piston and have a play at some point!

Re: nozzles/pistons - if your current nozzle is a bit leaky you will increase the muzzle velocity of your gun as less air can leak out of the system. A new piston will just mesh nicely with new gears really!
                              Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

JCSsharpshooter Love anything that gets the adrenaline going. Fishing motorcross and airsoft are what I live for :D Find out more about JCSsharpshooter
                              Working...
                              X