Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G36 Piston Problem

Hi guys,

So my G36 was making some weird screeching sounds when I tried to fire, so I opened up the gearbox and found this:

Piston 3..jpgPiston 2..jpgPiston..jpg

Any reason as of to why this has happened after 3 times of use?
    Any help would be appreciated
    Cheers.
    Caza

Re: G36 Piston Problem

That is unusual for the plastic teeth to fail from the front end down without the steel rack gear release failing first. Is the steel insert properly supported? as in doesn't easily cave into the body? However, even with that said, the wear on the teeth look to have gone very deep which could indicate that the sector teeth aren't meeting with the piston teeth as deeply as they should.
    What brand G36 is this? and are there any other internal parts fitted?
    dsgdreamteam

Comment

Make sure the piston can slide easily back and forth inside the gearbox once it has been screwed together. Could maybe of been caused by a jam resulting in the piston traveling slowly forward and the teeth of the sector gear engaging the piston mid cycle. (similar to what pre-engagement looks like)

Linky here>> http://airsofttutorials.com

Comment

It's an ASG G36c with only the following internal parts: Tm Hop unit.
        Ics hop rubber.
        TM eg1000 short shaft motor.
        Rotary spring guide v3 SHS.
        Super shooter CNC aluminium piston head. Red.
        ASG Ultimate tappet plate.
        ASG Ultimate Air Nozzle

It seems to be pretty sturdy to me, can try and squash it but it's resistant...

It seemed to be sliding forward and backward fine until it made the screeching sound...

Comment

That looks like the AOE isn't right or the main spring is too stiff for the motor/gearbox combo. When you get the new piston in check that it's mating neatly with the main gear (without the spring in) and that the main gear hits the first tooth as close to 'vertical' as it can.
          Paypal does not protect you as a seller or buyer. Don't believe the hype.

UK Virtual Assistant services: http://www.seekingserenity.co.uk/

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

caza Find out more about caza
          Working...
          X