Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Best cylinder/cylinder head set up to get best air seal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best cylinder/cylinder head set up to get best air seal?

Hey people,

Currently, I've got an ICS M4 which has a pretty bad air seal, all the upgrades that I have dome so far are:

Mad bull tight bore
    Shs 13:1 gear set
    Shs full steel toothed piston
    Shs air nozzle

Now I'm looking into upgrading my air seal, what's the best way of doing so and what specific products would you recommend?

Cheers,

Ben

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anyone?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

Re: Best cylinder/cylinder head set up to get best air seal?

Have you corrected AOE?

As a quick fix the O-ring on the piston head will be at fault. either replace it, or you change stretch the current O-Ring.

To do this remove the o-ring, put it over the cylinder and heat it up (using a lighter or similar)

Comment

No i haven't corrected the aoe, is it necessary? And i am just planning on getting a new cylinder set or something, which would you recommend?

Cheers Ben

Comment

I would suggest you correct the AOE if you are planning on running 13:1. What battery and motor are you running?

SHS seem as good as any for a new cylinder set. I use a SHS piston head and have found it fine.

Comment

Stick to the SHS parts.
            Got the everything in SHS parts in one of my AEG gearbox (Except cut-off lever, Spring and Spring guide) which is similar to you (13:1 Gears, 14 Tooth Metal piston) with a SHS High Torque motor. Still work fine after 8 month with still 330 FPS with a SP90.
            If you don't know, Ask. I you know, Share.

Comment

Im just running an average 9.6 wired to deans, the motor i ordered (shs high speed) does not fit in my grip so im just sticking with the ics turbo 3000, there are all different shs cylinders out there for different version gearboxes, so which one do i need? Im planning on getting the cylinder and cylinder head.

Comment

Cylinders are usually ported to match a certain range of barrel volumes (almost relative to length, which is how they are usually listed), so thats why there are different ones. Cylinder heads are gearbox version specific, i.e. V.2 for m4's, V.3 for AK's etc...
                Originally posted by Walter Gropius
                If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality.

Comment

Ah thanks for the help, so i need a v.2 cylinder head and a cylinder which functions with a 363mm barrel?

Comment

SHS Type 2 cylinder will do the trick, SHS cylinder/deepfire 200-400mm stainless cylinder combo produces a very very good airseal (IE you wont be able to get the cylinder head into the cylinder without LOTS of oil) - ive not been able to get hold of an SHS nozzle to test in conjunction with, but I've built two setups (and my own m4 shortly as well, except im going for an SHS cylinder) with deep-fire metal nozzles, SHS Cylinderhead/deepfire Cylinder and guarder polycarb piston head (definitely worth going for a polycarb piston head if your running 13:1 gears)

The above set (with an SHS or stock piston, doesnt really matter) is kicking out over 410fps on an SHS m110 spring using a 363mm barrel.
                    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Hey mate,

Cheers for the help! Just ordered the lot!

Cheers,

Ben.

Comment

Shs stuffs are popular for the price, any thing is going to work ... Unless there's some big incompatibility going on.

As a guide though try to keep all parts same brand..

Comment

Get an ICS air nozzle and get rid of the SHS one. Read the ICS M4 Bible, the guy mentions that it's best to leave the nozzle standard as aftermarket parts occasionally need modification.

Comment

This is the major issue with ICS guns, them being alergic to almost anything thats TM compatible*

*sweeping broad brush statement alert, i know some things are compatible :P
                            Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Originally posted by dave38x View Post
                              This is the major issue with ICS guns, them being alergic to almost anything thats TM compatible*

*sweeping broad brush statement alert, i know some things are compatible :P
                              Not sweeping, just incorrect I'd say. Out of all the parts they are made of, only a few are different. The nozzle just happens to be one of two gearbox parts that are not TM compatible.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Benjii Ben, been in the airsoft 'world' for just over 2 years. Not much of a camper, a pure rusher! Find out more about Benjii
                              Working...
                              X