X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ics m4 gone weird

My gun stoped firing midway through my mag of .36
    Tried the spring release but still not firing
    (Trigger moving freely but no movement of the gears)
    I opened her up put a lipo on and fired it to see if the gears were spinning and they were,
    Closed it back up and it was firing again
    (Ics m4 with a Firefox lipo,shs motor and gears, aws stealth fet)
    What the hell caused this?

It's now working but what caused this issue (I did have several issues with this gun a while back)
    I AM A NOOB ON A MISSION!!!

Re: Ics m4 gone weird

TBH it could be anything, is the gun making any noises? Do it try to cycle, if so it's most likely the motor. If not it's more likely to be electrical.

Comment

Definately electrical.

Generic Tapatalk Signature.
      -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
      -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Could be that the piston stalled at the rear-most point, with the spring fully tensioned. In this position most gear/motor/battery combinations can struggle to provide the HUGE amount of torque required to move it those extra few mm from a stand still.

See if you can reproduce the problem before jumping to too many conclusions. I don't agree that it's "definitely electrical".
        Paypal does not protect you as a seller or buyer. Don't believe the hype.

UK Virtual Assistant services: http://www.seekingserenity.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by happyal View Post
          TBH it could be anything, is the gun making any noises? Do it try to cycle, if so it's most likely the motor. If not it's more likely to be electrical.
          Nothing at all happened

Just tappin away
          I AM A NOOB ON A MISSION!!!

Comment

thats happened to me before, twice. (i have 3 ics ar-15's)

first time was when a brand new Eliment piston cracked and broke in the upper gearbox.

the second, i have no idea about. i pulled the top box off expecting to find damage, but it was all fine. i put it back together and it worked fine.

i think that it may have been my mosfet getting confused because of a worn tappet plate.

i have no idea what caused yours but gunbs must be female as on occation, for no apparent reason they just got ape shit!
            I know what i said because i was standing here when i said it.

ICS FAN - Always looking for parts. PM me what you have

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

gezer love airsoft and getting to know everything about it as a sport and the great friends that we meet. Find out more about gezer
            Working...
            X