14awg cable or 16awg cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14awg cable or 16awg cable

My L85's cable metled today, been looking at my other airsoft cable n theres a mix between 16awg and 14awg, i have rewired my m249 with 16 like ages ago, however does 16 or 14 have a higher melt point? dont want this happening again any time soon

cheers
    Originally posted by bravotwozero
    Half of the people on zeroin are ex-sas, or currently serving in the regiment, so you shouldn't have a problem getting some hard information.

Re: 14awg cable or 16awg cable

its only thw outside you have to worry about.

as long as you get silicone wire itll be fine. it has a 200c + mentling point

Comment

see the battery connecters, whats the difference in current for gold plates connecters and standard silver ones?
      Half of the people on zeroin are ex-sas, or currently serving in the regiment, so you shouldn't have a problem getting some hard information.

Comment

no idea..... use deans connectors....... theyre the best

Comment

Gold connectors should give less resistance than the standard ones

Comment

melting shouldn't be an issue if using silicone wiring (as previously mentioned)

using low resistance wiring will increase trigger response and increase ROF.

the ultimate set-up would be 14AWG wiring with deans connectors and a mosfet so as not to burn out the switch block (if you plan on running a high voltage battery, this can happen)
            TK Airsoft- Take one "from" the team

Agent 99: Inside your belt buckle, there is a pill, if taken it will cause death in 9 seconds...
            Maxell Smart: Great, but how exactly do i get them to take it?

Comment

so ditch the tam's n get dean's? na dont need a mofset, order 14awg as i know its a lil thicker but not takin any chances

am thinkin about fusin the gun, so where could i get the fuse connecters from, got a fuse holder here

Comment

dont bother with a fuse..... i never have and have hod no problems.... it just slows your gun down

Comment

As destroyer said, fuses are not really required. They just blow up anyway, and the guns work without them.

If you do want them though I found the connectors found on the guns orginally impossible to find anywhere! (Maplins, you've let me down!) So I went for a...

http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?moduleno=423

I had room in the MP5 full stock for it, you might not be so lucky.

Comment

just dont want to take any chances, the star l85 isnt a nice gun to take apart =/, just bought a PDI 6.01 509mm barrel for it gona slap that in whilest i have it in peice

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Garf3r the pen is mighter than the sword... but a bullet silences the writer Find out more about Garf3r
                    Working...
                    X