Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Increasing accuracy and range on G&P M4

Hi all,

I'm almost 100% happy with my M4 now.. But the range and accuracy still isn't exactly as good as I'd like!

My setup currently consists of:

G&P Enforcer M4
    10" Ultimate 6.03 tight bore barrel
    Standard G&P hop with Madbull blue rubber
    Deep fire air nozzle
    TM gearset
    M120 motor

Now.. It's shooting well on 0.25s with a good FPS around 290 on 0.25.

Is it worth getting a longer barrel to extend through my silencer? Possibly a 6.01? Would that make much difference?

Also I'm assuming upgrading the hop would make difference! What's the best bet, Madbull ultimate?

Any help appreciated!

Re: Increasing accuracy and range on G&P M4

Hi aaron, how was skirmish today?

Anyway, there is no point going over a 455mm barrel as there will be no noticeable gain in accuracy. 6.01 barrels can actually decrease accuracy depending on the capacity of your cylinder. Also the 6.01 barrels can cause issues on full auto, if your only going to single shot then that's fine but full auto cold cause jams.

I'd stick to a 6.03 and then look at your hop rubber/ nub combination. What does your gun shoot on .2's? I'd look at getting as near to 100% air seal, then try a h nub.
    I know what i said because i was standing here when i said it.

ICS FAN - Always looking for parts. PM me what you have

Comment

It shoots about 342 fps consistently..

Any reccomendations on hops?

Comment

If you want increased benifit with no mods then the promy hop unit and strike arm. Its extended strike arm with give you better lift on heavier ammo and the unit comes with an oring to prevent unwinding. Over all a nice hop unit.

note - you will need to steal parts of your g&p one to complete the unit, which is a crime for the price but ehh go figure those crazy japaneese.

Comment

Actually barrel length doesn't effect performance on AEGs and 6.01s drop in range, not accuracy, so 6.01s are used in pistols quite a lot. In general, your hop up unit won't need to be changed and 'upgraded' hop ups are actually just made stronger and stiffer so the hop stays in place which most already do sufficiently. The two parts of the hop that effect it are the rubber, which grips the bb to help the backspin, and the nub which presses the rubber in to the bb and gives different levels of hop. A lot of people on here have changed their hop rubbers and can give you good advice on what to choose, while the nubs are mods to which I know of only two, the H-hop and R-hop, and others here can explain to you too.
          Originally posted by Lt. Macka
          big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

hmm barrels are very subjective.. length is best to match without barrel length to get the bb to the end without interference of the outer barrel.. ive seen scewed accuracy from flashhider clipping.. so simply from that point of view its important to get a right barrel length more than anything.

you can get barrel widths from 6.00 - 6.08 and much will give there own opinion on it, but most is recited internet garage. Very few have done independant tests with all barrels and also it would still be from only one source and very visual based results.

What we can say for sure is the tighter it is the higher the fps, as the air escaping around the bb accelerates with the trapped air behind it. So the tighter barrel can be a very good tool increasing fps, with fps jumps as large as 20 fps the tighter you go.

Me personally ive seen good results from 6.01 but thats from expensive 6.01s.. £120 a barrel .. which most dont go in for. The key is that as long as that air gap around the bb is still there then accuracy should be the same regardless of tightness. The problem is when the air gap is broken and theres is a great chance of that with 0.1 or 00. Dirty barrels bad bbs for example. More maintaince... I dont go in for wider allows more bb spin, simply becuase if it where the case there would only be 6.08... heck why not make it 6.10.. Nope theres nothing to support that other than some bad results with 6.01 which is easierly down to dirt or bbs.

Barrel strength is often over looked in some longer applications, outer barrel flex is quite pronanced, a lean or a drop one day and your barrels bent and you dont even know it. So someone the more expensive cnced steel barrels become worth there money. Also less chance of scratching internally and a garretied precision as a aposed to some companys that write 6.03 + or - 5 badgers on the box in crayon ad think that makes it 6.03.

Things like coatings on the inside of the barrel, polishing is expensive, coatings cheap.. so its often easier to paint over so to speak and get an over high quality batch from a large low quality one. Will the coating flake off over time and affect accuracy.

One thing which is often over looked is cleaning a brand new barrel.. non seem to do it and its dirty as hell from the factory.

plenty of hop nub choices, from many different manufactures and plenty of rubbers / buckings too.. some offering there own takes to try and give you a more stable flight, my own personal veiw is if your unsure run with what everyone else is running, if your up for experimentation then play about with different barrel and hop rubber combos too see results..

Another thing is hop rubber alignment often with fitting a new part its easy to just look at out of box results and think thats horrible always shotting to the left! well theres a good chance hop rubbers missaligned when trying something new and your not happy with results its best to do it 2 or 3 times and then if it persists then well.. you tried. also with hop buckings they need bedding in 200 rounds - 500... and everytime you make a hop adjustment it can take 2 - 3 shots to resettle. something to think about when testing.

Comment

in my experience no amount of money and parts will get you the "super amazing ranging accurate" gun your dreaming of. I spent loads of money getting my old g36 to be that amazing gun, only to buy a tm mp5k which could out range it from stock.

i tend just to put a new madbull tb barrel in and thats it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Ok,

So has anyone Got any suggestions for a good rubber and nub match to fit in a G&P hop?

Comment

I asked that same question a while ago and the results were that the Gaurder clears are good but break down far far too quickly. But honestly most people suggested the madbull blue. As for what ub to use with it, who knows? H nub, bit of silicone wire, some Teflon wire, sock nub, concave, convex, scs nub, basically I think it's going to be down to your individual gun. What works (or doesn't at the moment) in my m4 might not work in yours. I'm rocking any old hop rubber with a good seal and a h nub. I still want more accuracy and more range.
                  I know what i said because i was standing here when i said it.

ICS FAN - Always looking for parts. PM me what you have

Comment

Originally posted by aaron-hill09 View Post
                    Ok,

So has anyone Got any suggestions for a good rubber and nub match to fit in a G&P hop?
                    I used a prommy purple rubber and the normal nub that comes with it in my 416 and it was shooting 50+ meters and that was with a madbull6.03 barrel with a fps of 300-340 and as for hop up units I would say get the prowin hop unit as its only $20-28 and gives yo better adjustment over a normal m4 hop up unit ( better then the mad bull crap)
                    Hate.
                    "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his

General George S.patton

Dboys AK74U with Samson rail (y)

Comment

Prometheus hop unit + strike arm and firefly hop rubber and flat nub.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

aaron-hill09 Find out more about aaron-hill09
                      Working...
                      X