Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star M4 Buffer Lipo Options

Hi,

I have a Star M4 and want it rear wired to fit a Lipo in the buffer.

Can anyone help me out with my options?

Thanks

Bump

Comment

Re: Star M4 Buffer Lipo Options

rewire your gearbox from front to back

Linky here>> http://airsofttutorials.com

Comment

Hi,

Thanks. That part is a given is the buffer tube that is the issue.

Comment

what issue.. can you be specific? the reason we havent posted is like crude says if that was on any of our tables we would just wire it front to back and just be done with it. also in the gearbox is probably a micro switch..

if your worrying about length.. lay extra and then cut to length when it comes to fitting deans..

Comment

Sorry my understanding is that the spring can be removed through the rear of the m4 via where the buffer tube is. Also I'm told that it is believed that my m4 will only take real steel or systema buffer tube and stocks?

I don't want to order a tube and stock to find out that they won't fit. Also told that I would need a real steel or systema magpul asp plate as the normal AEG one won't fit?

Hope this explains a little better what I'm trying to get at?

Thanks

Comment

Bump

Comment

Hi Silk, not a huge amount of experience with Star M4's about. Are you saying your M4 already has a stock tube fitted or is it fixed stock?

Maybe best taking apart the receiver and stock and post up some pictures..

Comment

Yes it does have a tube fitted. I don't have the tools for that. My friend went to fit an ASP plate for me and said it wouldn't fit and that I might need the real steel one.

Comment

maybe i can shed some light, i have an ares m4 with exactly the same stock tube, your gonna struggle to get a battery in there as (for everyone that doesnt know) its the hollow one that screws on like the real one. you would have to mod the thing like crazy to actually get the wire out the back and still be able to change the spring. im afraid you dont have much option =/

as for stocks fitting its not a massive issue, most cheap clones will fit but better fitting brands will have to be filed down. i achieved this by selotaping sand paper to a broom handle (haha :P) and sanding the inside down.

also the way i got a sling plate on there is to buy a gbb (gas blowback airsoft rifle) one (easily found on the bay) and i had to file mine down a tad to get it to fit, however it fits like a glove now and is sturdy as hell

hope this helps, not that its much help =S

Comment

Thanks that does help a lot. Would be interested if anyone does a lipo tube with for it.

Comment

you might be able to trail the wire out the hole squeezed under the GB however i cant say fro sure, at least that way you can unscrew it and put a lipo in.

there is always this way though man.

and this is with the battery inside, also you can see the stock is not the standard one (its the one i filed down)

Comment

Thanks I'm gonna look at modding the tube with a crane stock if I can get a wire through.

Comment

Dunno I modded mine to fit a normal aeg gearbox in it which was rear wired to a crane stock. Yes the back of the lower reciever needs a portion cut out to get the wires through. And yeah the star takes stock tubes which screw in. It should come with one so no need to get another.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SiLK Find out more about SiLK
                            Working...
                            X