Converting a TM Recoil M4 AEG into a L119a1 SFW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting a TM Recoil M4 AEG into a L119a1 SFW

Not sure if this belongs here, but anyway...

I have been toying with the idea of getting a Tokyo Marui Recoil shock M4. But because I'm difficult I want to replace all the parts from my current L119a1 onto the TM.

Would this be difficult?

My only concern is where would I put my batteries, as the conversion to a L119a1 would require the small CAR-15 stock over the Crane stock the TM's come with. Is the recoil unit in the Buffer tube? If so, would it be easy to front wire and store a battery in a PEQ?

All help and advice much appreciated.

Re: Converting a TM Recoil M4 AEG into a L119a1 SFW

use the socom model instead as its front wired.. then just move over what you want.

lower receiver wont move accross but everything else will depending on how determined you are. Stock will just slide on for instance. Front end youll need to grind down the aeg outer barrel to fit unless you use the upper then you will need to mod it so the hop unit fots right. Not done the upper route yet so couldnt say for sure like i say depends how much you want it.

Comment

dude (assuming all the front setup is the same as a normal aeg)

Comment

Best bet is to get a socom (As Rich says) and then get a CQBr barrel and a Perr Mike 5" barrel extension.

The G&P storm grips fit the TM pro line fine. as will the stock.

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

Ahh didn't realise there was front wired variants... assumed they were all rear wired.

I've already got the Pro-arms 10" barrel and 6" extension, storm grip ect. so its just a matter of swapping the stock parts with mine.

Cheers for the help guys :D

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Pricey You wanna know? Ask me... Find out more about Pricey
          Working...
          X