Most sturdy polycarb piston?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most sturdy polycarb piston?

Like I said, whats the best? It's for a high rof set up.

Ben

Re: Most sturdy polycarb piston?

It's a question of how fast you are talking. Because a piston suited to the absolute top end of numbers will not necessarily be the best choice for what you are after.
    dsgdreamteam

Comment

I'm not aware of the actual ROF, it has a SHS 13:1 Gear Set and a SHS High Speed Motor in it, rehsimmed and sorbo'd up.

Comment

So I would say around 25fps. +/- 10%

Comment

what voltage?

Comment

9.6v

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

Anyone? Really important! Need a couple for a weekender is a couple of eeeks1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

I would go with a lonex red or shs 14 tooth piston

Linky here>> http://airsofttutorials.com

Comment

Ok cherts

Comment

I would have recommended an SHS 14 Steel tooth piston about a week ago.
                    They've just changed the design and its now broken so I would strongly advise against buying one.

The Lonex Blue piston would be your best bet.

Comment

whats the effective difference between 10 and 14 tooth piston?
                      im guessing less teeth = higher rof but lower fps?

Comment

It usually refers to the amount of metal teeth on the piston, 3,7 15 etc. Some pistons ie the shs ones there is a 14 tooth and a 15 tooth one. The 14 tooth piston has a tooth removed to make it easier to correct aoe and reduce the chance of pre-engagement. The tooth that is removed is the second to back one which means that the sector gear does not need modifying.

im guessing less teeth = higher rof but lower fps?
                        Less teeth on the piston is called short stroking which also means that there needs to be less teeth on the sector gear.
                        you are correct "im guessing less teeth = higher rof but lower fps?"

I dont believe that there are any pistons that are manufactured for short stroke setups. Mostly all pistons are 15 tooth standard other than pistons like the lonex one and the 14 tooth shs piston and others where the second to last tooth is removed.

Linky here>> http://airsofttutorials.com

Comment

The number of metal teeth needed just depends on the type of gun you're building.
                          More metal teeth adds weight which increases stress in any build.
                          The AoE is an important mod to make and not just applicable to high speed builds.
                          Its not just about preventing pre-engagement, its about evenly distributing the force of the pickup tooth on the sector gear.

Short-stroking shouldn't really be used to increase ROF because the effects are negligible.
                          The sector gear still has to complete a full rotation so the only difference comes when it has a split second more to build up speed before picking up the piston.
                          The piston does have a quicker return rate but it has a slower draw rate (due to the need for a heavier spring) and a longer time between shots which is marginally lessened as described above.
                          The main reason to short-stroke is to prevent pre-engagement.

G&P pistons are available pre-short-stroked if you don't feel like doing it yourself.
                          They are a little overpriced IMO.

Until the SHS 14 tooth pistons have been fixed I'd still recommend the Lonex Blue

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Benjii Ben, been in the airsoft 'world' for just over 2 years. Not much of a camper, a pure rusher! Find out more about Benjii
                          Working...
                          X