How can I get longer range from my L85?

Re: Longer range!

the answer can be found here or here

Comment

Not helpful lol

Comment

This question has been asked and answered many times before so use the search bar instead of creating a new thread.
        Knowledge is power

Comment

Why do you need longer range, just get closer

Comment

Can there not be some mechanism by which the threads with this information have to be read before anyone can physically post?

Comment

It's called sticky-ing them lol
              Upcoming Games:
              None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
              Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

i dont know much about that gun . but as a rule upgrade the hopup and a longer barrel.
                but having a longer barrel may up your fps if your using a full cylider
                Dont Eat What You Cant Fry

Comment

i dont know much about that gun . but as a rule upgrade the hopup and a longer barrel.
                  but having a longer barrel may up your fps if your using a full cylinder
                  Dont Eat What You Cant Fry

Comment

a longer barel wont increase your range thats a myth... especialy as the l85 already has a 509mm inner barrel. a tighter barrel will give a small improvment in both range and accuracy.

Comment

First off sort out a decent hop rubber and unit. There are many rubbers (lol) out there but I personally find the best are guarder improved, tokyo marui and G&G green. Most units can be modified in one way or other, but personally I'd throw in either a TM or a G&G as they work exceptionally well. I am currently a major fan of the G&G hop unit, but between it and the marui there is very little difference in performance.

Next up you want as little variation between shots as possible. There are a few ways of doing this - fitting enlarged o rings, tightbores, regreasing properly, fixing airleaks etc which there are a fair few guides on so wont repeat. This is to ensure that you have a very good idea of where each BB is going to end up which is far more useful that a 10ft grouping which I see soooooooo often.

The next thing is use heavier BBs. Though it is true on an unhopped gun mass reduces range once backspin and the bernoulli effect are taken into account increases in weight increase the range and provide more consistent energy dissipation of the BB - but the time the BB takes to get there naturally increases. Generally for consistent accuracy over a BBs entire flight path you want a constant loss of energy which you get using heavier BBs but you also don't want to go too heavy as it gives your opponent time to dodge/return fire etc. I find that 0.28g BBs work best in my ics M16 running at 340fps, but would equally recommend 0.25g as the range distance is marginal - for some reason 0.28g just works better in my set up and there is no guarantee it will work in yours. although I get an extra 10ft out of 0.3g, the time it takes to reach its final destination is such that i always have t get the drop on the enemy in order to make it worth while which is alot harder than it sounds when going against decent players

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jon_172 Find out more about jon_172
                      Working...
                      X