V6 Gearbox issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V6 Gearbox issue

I have a CA P90 with stock internals. After replacing a broken spring guide I have found something a bit strange is happening.

When the gearbox is out of the gun, it appears to work fine. The shimming seems to be fine, all the parts that as supposed to move do.

However, when I put it in the gun, it cycles 4 or five times at full speed, then quickly grinds to a halt. Lifting the trigger and pressing it again starts it off again at full speed.
    The other problem seems to be that the air nozzle is too far forward, even when it moves back. This is stopping BBs from feeding properly.

I've opened up the gearbox a few times, and the only thing I have changed is the Spring Guide. I can't see how that could affect the position of the air nozzle.

Re: V6 Gearbox issue

take out the tappet plate and reseat it. the spring that pushes it forward could have moved and got pinched when you put it back together.

As for it jamming, check the anti reversal latch as well as the spring that locates on the semi auto arm. if thats come off it could be free to bounce around causing issues on fully auto.

Comment

Re: V6 Gearbox issue

I'll check the tappet plate, but I don't think it's that. The anti-reversal latch is definitely seated properly.

It's more like there is a huge amount of resistance in the gearbox, and that is slowing down and stopping the motor. I'm going to check and see if the gearbox is sitting right in the case. After that, I think I may have to do a complete rebuild. (replace plastic bushings, replace shims, replace gears as they show signs of wear, replace cylinder head as it is worn. Soon the only original parts will be the case...)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Aethers Find out more about Aethers
      Working...
      X