SHS 13.1 gear problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SHS 13.1 gear problem

I apologise for my lack of knowledge here. Basically i purchased a 13.1 set of shs gears for my G&p magpul moe and got my mate to fit them. When he tried fitting them he said that the spur gear and sector gear wont mesh? so hes put gun back together using my original sector gear and the other high speed gears.

Is there a reason why i cant use the 13.1 sector gear?

he sent me these pics but im clueless

Does that make any sense????

Originally posted by Metalbody
    pulling one off certainly feels good

Re: SHS 13.1 gear problem

Unless the gears are broken in some way, should work fine!

I've got the SHS 13:1 set in my G&P!

Comment

If there is a problem with the SHS gears and they won't work as a set thats one thing. You can't however mix these high speed ratio gears with standard ratio gears that came with the gun as the timings are differnet which is why these are hgih speed and others are high torque.

There isn't anything in the photos that shows a problem with gears but the only way to tell is when the are all in the box together. You dont have to close the box, just install and shim the gears correctly and turn them by hand.

Comment

I've just fitted a set of these with no problems, although the higher gearing has meant that I had to change the motor to high torque to actually turn the gears over. Oh well, combined with 11.1V lipo it does around 28 rounds per second.

Comment

That's what I can't work out, the shs gear he didn't fit is smaller which will cause the high speed? So how's the standard sector gear meshing to a high speed gear?

Originally posted by Metalbody
          pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

Is there a problem with fitting all 3 of the SHS gears? I fitted a set of these into a v3 box without issues

Comment

Also meshing is one thing, any odd two gears may mesh but they have to be able to complete rotate together as well.

Comment

I had the exact same problem recently with a set of shs 13.1's in my g&p sr-15.
                The sector was nowhere near meshing with the bevel gear, I mean a good 2mm discrepancy.
                I sent them back and got some 16.1's that fit fine :S
                You didn't get them from bullseye country sports by any chance did you?
                G&P SR-15-URX / HK416 Frakenstein build / CYMA MP5K ctr stocked cqb goodness / CYMA CM048 ak74
                -----Broken/project guns wanted-----

Comment

If he's managed to get your original sector gear in there but the 13:1 sector gear wasn't meshing then what you've been sent isn't a full set of 13:1 gears, it's a 13:1 sector with either a 16:1 or 18:1 set of the spur and bevel.
                  Go back to where you bought the gears from and get them replaced.

Comment

I sent the full shs set back, I didn't mix and match gears.
                    It looked to me like the smaller of the two gears on the bevel gear was too small to mesh with the sector.
                    G&P SR-15-URX / HK416 Frakenstein build / CYMA MP5K ctr stocked cqb goodness / CYMA CM048 ak74

Comment

i have a set of shs 13:1 gears here that i can't even use. I've got an asg ultimate gearbox shell but the bevel gear axle is too thick on one side (thinner end) to fit in the bearing. Weird because the other end of it is fine
                      Tried it in my g&p gearbox and the same thing...i might have to get some asg gears but they're bloody expensive for the high speed ones
                      Originally posted by Hawk
                      The P word again! You should say your love for airsoft 3 times and a holy Tokio Marui

Comment

Sorry I meant spur, not bevel gear in the above posts.

Comment

What it may be as with some reinforced gearboxes is that there is not enough room for the spur and it does not go in fully due to the size of the shs 13:1 gears, i have a g&p gearbox and shs 13:1 do NOT fit due to the reinforced nature of the gearbox, i just took a dremel and got rid of the reinforced bit and it now works a charm. if the gears are fine (not physically unusable) im 99% sure thats the reason.

This has also happened on my dsg set as the reinforced part on the gearbox needs modifying so the spur has enough room.

Also it only was really noticeable to me when i went to shim as i couldn't put any shims on the spur gear. and with the both the sector and spur in place neither one spun. Also without the gun in hand i could also suggest that something is in the way of the spur gear as i have had that before.

Image from forum user Clot
                          Original thread: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...-fast-on-a-7.4
                          Last edited by Crude Skinny B; 13 September, 2012, 20:49.

Linky here>> http://airsofttutorials.com

Comment

The issue the OP is getting is nothing like the above post. Although a useful guide if that issue should arise in the future.
                            The issue we have is the spur does not mesh with the sector. There are a couple of options, one is has been stated, they were mismatched in the factory, the fix would be send them back and get a replacement set and check they work.
                            The second option is they have sent ones for the wrong gearbox ie not version 2 or 3. The fix is again send them back and get a replacement set.
                            My Super Shooter (spin off company from SHS) 13/1 gears were perfect.
                            section 24 of the 1968 Act
                            Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                            1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                            2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Its a Quality Control Issue. Whilst SHS gears are great value for money when they work, they are still a very cheap budget brand.
                              The SHS 13:1 (or actually 13.65:1) Sector gear has 28 teeth, and the corresponding spur gear teeth should count 24, the one they sent you has 20 which is the spur gear from the 18:1 set (or 18.72:1 respectively) which is stock ratio and is why your current G&P Sector gear is compatible. SHS 18:1 and 16:1 sector gears are identical and are compatible wth stock ratio Spur gears, the 13:1 Sector gear is not.
                              dsgdreamteam

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

private parts Find out more about private parts
                              Working...
                              X